[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
In previous years I would have been in favour of the Dutch but this time more interested in our player doing well though even that brings mixed emotions - i.e. unwanted interest from other clubs and him maybe not available for some of our games. Last night was a prime example of shithousery by both teams though and not a good advert for football. The ref was unbelievably bad , one of the Argentinians was saying he was biased against them and why did HE add 10 minutes. I thought he was biased against the dutch but as said both teams acted terribly.
Rarely, I'm going to disagree with you. Generally the refereeing has been of a high standard in this WC (will even attract further opprobrium by saying that, for the most part, VAR has been good too). That ref is one of the top Europeans, and I thought he had a good game last night. Few games have had many cards, this one deserved many. This isn't because "the ref lost it", it was because it was a high stakes occasion, and the players (on and off the pitch) didn't control themselves. I can't remember the ref getting any key decisions wrong either. I've heard a few moans about Michael Oliver's performance too, but thought he did well.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Rarely, I'm going to disagree with you. Generally the refereeing has been of a high standard in this WC (will even attract further opprobrium by saying that, for the most part, VAR has been good too). That ref is one of the top Europeans, and I thought he had a good game last night. Few games have had many cards, this one deserved many. This isn't because "the ref lost it", it was because it was a high stakes occasion, and the players (on and off the pitch) didn't control themselves. I can't remember the ref getting any key decisions wrong either. I've heard a few moans about Michael Oliver's performance too, but thought he did well.
I thing there were two major points one where he didn't book Messi for his deliberate hand ball and where he booked Berghuis for what appeared to be nothing though there might have been something off camera. A very difficult game I agree and maybe all refs would get it wrong because of the level of issues. Possibly should have sent off the guy who took out ake then hammered the ball into the Dutch players.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I’m really conflicted atm - want Ali Mac to have a great World Cup but Argentina really are acting like colossal bellends atm and I can’t want to see Emi Martinez happy.
Concur

Just said the same of friends WhatsApp thingy earlier today.

Can't cheer on the damn Argies because......well, you know.......but they've got McAllister, who I will definitely cheer if he scores, against England or no-England. Club over country all day long

Quebec Seagull

Vive le football... LIBRE!
Oct 19, 2022
Gatineau, Québec, CANADA
I feel like both England and France will want to win today (and in the final) by playing positive football -- England with flash 😍, France with panache. 🤩

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thing there were two major points one where he didn't book Messi for his deliberate hand ball and where he booked Berghuis for what appeared to be nothing though there might have been something off camera. A very difficult game I agree and maybe all refs would get it wrong because of the level of issues. Possibly should have sent off the guy who took out ake then hammered the ball into the Dutch players.
Fair. It was a long game, with a lot of incidents:
-- agree about Messi
-- don't think it should have been a red: it looked very bad live, and the bench milked it, but on seeing it as a replay, I don't think it was deliberate
-- can't comment on the Berghuis one: was well into the second bottle then, very good it was too

SAC

May 21, 2014
I would have booked every sub who ran on to the pitch. They had no right to be there and the ball didn't even hit any of them.

Aside from that and letting Messi get away with it, the ref did ok in a very difficult match.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Papers full of him offski….looks like the European big guns are lining up.

I can see him ending up at Barca or Real Madrid although my mate who watches German footy a lot seems to think that Bayern are favourites to sign him in January

I wonder how many of our “ el galacticos “ will still be with us at the end of january

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I can see him ending up at Barca or Real Madrid although my mate who watches German footy a lot seems to think that Bayern are favourites to sign him in January

I wonder how many of our “ el galacticos “ will still be with us at the end of january
I would also suggest that he is going absolutely nowhere and the papers are full of shite. My theory is the only one with evidence :LOL:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What about Trossard? Booo?

How are Huddersfield doing? Will they lose their best players in January too? :wink:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
’Expected to be available for around £30m’ apparently :rolleyes:

View attachment 154562
inter are broke, that's why they had to sell lukaku in the first place, and even after that there's still a big financial black hole. absolutely no chance they'd be able to meet our asking price, which will be well north of the figure quoted above

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Whatever: still great work by the club to extend his contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports