Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Grealish likes a party but he is supremely fit .....you've only got to look at the general physique of footballers and rugby players at present to see the benefits of sports medicine and physiology.

You missed the :wink: after "medicine".

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let’s all remember to keep our eyes on young Alexis.

Accepted by most as a first 11 player, he still hasn’t cashed in on what would probably be a lucrative contract that we’ve put in front of him. There are some implication laden articles beginning to circulate:

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...hester-united-marc-cucurella-brighton-7412001

It would be no surprise if we moved him on in the next month if he does not put pen to paper. This guy is top notch, we should not let him go on a free next year.

Dec 29, 2011
We need to get him on a new contract. We won't be able to sell him for much now, but could be worth £40m in two years if he kicks on. The risk of losing him on the cheap is too great. Let's invest some of the £75m we've just made and keep him on the books.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Accepted by most as a first 11 player, he still hasn’t cashed in on what would probably be a lucrative contract that we’ve put in front of him. There are some implication laden articles beginning to circulate:

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...hester-united-marc-cucurella-brighton-7412001

It would be no surprise if we moved him on in the next month if he does not put pen to paper. This guy is top notch, we should not let him go on a free next year.

Don't think he'll move and don't think he'll sign a new contract.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Surely we have a contract option on him? Otherwise that's a bit of a cluster****. He only started looking any good in about November. And now we're converting one of Argentina's best attacking prospects into a defensive mid.

Hmmm. Strange one. He is very strong in the tackle but surely his Lampard like runs into the box are his best attribute

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, he has perhaps been a bit of a slow burner - but now he is fairly burgeoning. Losing him for peanuts now, or for nothing in a year's time, would be high up on my long list of Abion disappointments over the last 60 odd years.
Think what a red-hot WC could do for his reputation (and value). Losing out completely would be horrible. Sign a new contract, please - two more seasons with us, and leave as a legend!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If I was Ashworth, and that contract remains unsigned, I’d be going in for him in the last week of the window for around £10m-£15m with the promise of a quadrupled salary, eye watering signing-on fee and regular 1st team football.

Let’s see what Dan’s next move is.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If I was Ashworth, and that contract remains unsigned, I’d be going in for him in the last week of the window for around £10m-£15m with the promise of a quadrupled salary, eye watering signing-on fee and regular 1st team football.

FFS don't give him ideas!

Probably too late though .......... :(

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

We need to get him on a new contract. We won't be able to sell him for much now, but could be worth £40m in two years if he kicks on. The risk of losing him on the cheap is too great. Let's invest some of the £75m we've just made and keep him on the books.

Surely we have a contract option on him? Otherwise that's a bit of a cluster****. He only started looking any good in about November. And now we're converting one of Argentina's best attacking prospects into a defensive mid.

Hmmm. Strange one. He is very strong in the tackle but surely his Lampard like runs into the box are his best attribute

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Yes, he has perhaps been a bit of a slow burner - but now he is fairly burgeoning. Losing him for peanuts now, or for nothing in a year's time, would be high up on my long list of Abion disappointments over the last 60 odd years.
Think what a red-hot WC could do for his reputation (and value). Losing out completely would be horrible. Sign a new contract, please - two more seasons with us, and leave as a legend!

[TWEET]1534775990437613568[/TWEET]

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
[TWEET]1534775990437613568[/TWEET]

Good to see you back … beautifully researched, well written and as authoritative as ever
:thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is good to know that Mac Allister most probably has a longer deal.

My opinion:

1) We have to expect more than 1 "star" departure each summer. The number of potential names is getting large now : Sanchez, Caicedo, Lamptey, Webster, Mac Allister, Trossard and probably more.

2) It will all be managed with these departures negotiated early in any window - like Bissouma.

3) Cucurella was totally unexpected this summer so not early in the window, and not planned.

4) This means the club most likely ( my opinion ) will not be actively moving out Mac Allister at this late stage in the window.

5) See 4 for Trossard. However, I flag up January as a danger window to lose him if he has an awesome World Cup, and we get the proverbial "eye watering offer".

6) Maupay. I reckon we must have a further year option or else he'd already have gone early in the window. Nevertheless we are still open to a good offer this summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It is a little odd that the club occasionally just randomly not report contract renewals through official channels as I think other clubs always can get information about the contract duration if they're asking for it.

Very good news obviously but a little odd... kind of like with Danny Welbeck I guess? I don't think there's been any mention that he actually signed a new contract (just that he would eventually) yet it feels like this must already have been done at one point or another.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Alexis is great - so I hope he’s here a good while - he always seems pally with Cucu in the team shots so no doubt he will be looking how it all plays out for him.

I also echo the return of AZ Gull - undoubtedly the most authoritative poster about Albion. Welcome back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here