Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does seem a bit odd no sign of a contract. Still young and can’t believe he’s pushing for huge money ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Why sign a new contract? He is going to have a blinder of a season and will move to a massive club, be it in England or abroad next season. Running down his contract makes a transfer easier for him, his agent and the buying club no?

Biss has shown him the way, I’ll be surprised if any of our star players will be signing new contracts :down:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Why sign a new contract? He is going to have a blinder of a season and will move to a massive club, be it in England or abroad next season. Running down his contract makes a transfer easier for him, his agent and the buying club no?

Biss has shown him the way, I’ll be surprised if any of our star players will be signing new contracts :down:

Because he is at a great club already. You know, one he will play for, not a bench warmer at a Big 6 one or similar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

How negative!! We will see… I believe you are very wrong…

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Agree that there's not a lot of reasons for him to sign, unfortunately.

Obviously if he feels the club would not block a massive move, there's a slim chance he could sign if there is a significantly improved deal on the table. Also adds a bit of security in case of injury etc.

But most likely he won't sign as it would be pretty daft strategically speaking from a career perspective.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Obviously if he feels the club would not block a massive move, there's a slim chance he could sign if there is a significantly improved deal on the table. Also adds a bit of security in case of injury etc.

But most likely he won't sign as it would be pretty daft strategically speaking from a career perspective.

See above.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Because his current deal won’t be that good I imagine. And where would he go? He’s good but not sure he’s in a position like Bissouma who you’d be very certain goes to a top 6 team.

Surely new deal earning better money for a couple of years and then still being able to move in a transfer deal is better than running down your deal on a lot less money

It does seem unfortunate to have so many players appearing to run down their contracts or lack of news that a new deal is likely. Maupay, Mac , Trossard off the top of my head

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because he is at a great club already. You know, one he will play for, not a bench warmer at a Big 6 one or similar

Brighton is a great club if you're Shane Duffy or Jason Steele or something in that. If you're a frequently picked young Argentinian international midfielder, the ambitions are going to be A LOT higher than finishing mid-table in the PL while earning a third of what you could be earning.

Usually you want to start negotiations with a player when there is 2+ years left on their contract or the value of the player will decrease as you can't get the same deal for a player with 2+ years as you can for someone who can just leave in a year. Ali Mac now has less than 1 year left and this is not a great sign. If he was ever to sign a new deal, it would most likely be done by now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because his current deal won’t be that good I imagine. And where would he go? He’s good but not sure he’s in a position like Bissouma who you’d be very certain goes to a top 6 team.

Surely new deal earning better money for a couple of years and then still being able to move in a transfer deal is better than running down your deal on a lot less money

It does seem unfortunate to have so many players appearing to run down their contracts or lack of news that a new deal is likely. Maupay, Mac , Trossard off the top of my head

Where he would go if he continues to play like in the spring (or even improves) in the best league in the world while also perhaps throwing in a decent World Cup performance? Juventus, Inter or Milan seems like quite likely options.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Hope so, but I’d go for realistic over negative. :shrug:

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

You sign a new contract to get a big new pay rise. So there’s that. Cheer up Icy. Brighton are actually one of the biggest clubs in Europe already …and there’s no sign at all - why would there be - that all our players ; star or otherwise ; are off.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You sign a new contract to get a big new pay rise. So there’s that. Cheer up Icy. Brighton are actually one of the biggest clubs in Europe already …and there’s no sign at all - why would there be - that all our players ; star or otherwise ; are off.

Nope there isn’t, Cucurella apart but when was the last time a star player signed an improved and longer contract? Dunk?

I know you’re Mr Positive so won’t be in any way concerned at the number of players with short durations left :smile:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We don't know if there is a secret club option on his current deal for an extra year :shrug:

I have a feelin' there is - as otherwise we'd be touting him around.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Nope there isn’t, Cucurella apart but when was the last time a star player signed an improved and longer contract? Dunk?

I know you’re Mr Positive so won’t be in any way concerned at the number of players with short durations left :smile:

Pascal Gross about 2 weeks ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here