Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just a quick word on Jocko.

'Alexis, no Tross today so push on and support DW'.
'Alexis change of plan, now I need you to sit back and support Dunk'.

Absolutely seamless.

‘Alexis, just sign the ****ing contract now. You came third in the PoTS; the fans love you and so does the club. Do the dotted line and make our day!’

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think he is the key player as far as contract extensions, him and caciedo are the two players that have made the difference at the end of the season

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
‘Alexis, just sign the ****ing contract now. You came third in the PoTS; the fans love you and so does the club. Do the dotted line and make our day!’

Alexis, we all know that Pascal won't go on forever and it's a bit of an Albion tradition now to have a player who is so clever that they can play in any position throughout the team and put in a top class performance when needed, so just sign here and we can put that one to bed :wink:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As I keep saying, he is an incredible player. He can play anywhere in central midfield but is still so young. He’s incredibly mature, versatile, and has fantastic quality in everything he does. I’m certain the very biggest clubs will be looking very closely at him.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Alexis, we all know that Pascal won't go on forever and it's a bit of an Albion tradition now to have a player who is so clever that they can play in any position throughout the team and put in a top class performance when needed, so just sign here and we can put that one to bed :wink:

Can he also practise the Cruyff turns so it's a seamless takeover from Gross when he eventually leaves

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He is so effortlessly good no matter where he plays, he’s never fazed by having to move to a more defensive role after starting the game in an attacking one. I’m not sure anyone else in the squad has it in their locker to do that switch as well as he does. He can be a proper shit house too, loved him getting in the West Ham keepers face at corners today.

We need to get him signing long term deal as a matter of priority.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Great game. In tussles with Rice, Lanzini, Soucek or Fornals, often two of them, he appeared to win every f@cking one.

Driving us forward whilst helping defensively, a Quarterback role second half.
I definitely did not expect him to be so capable getting stuck in defensively, making crucial interceptions and breaking up play like a prime Bissouma - he's played in the deeper midfield role a handful of times over the last few months and shown he definitely has this side to his game.

Obviously he's a highly technical South American playmaker first and foremost, but I'm struggling to recall if we've ever had a midfielder so blessed in both departments - anyone?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I definitely did not expect him to be so capable getting stuck in defensively, making crucial interceptions and breaking up play like a prime Bissouma - he's played in the deeper midfield role a handful of times over the last few months and shown he definitely has this side to his game.

Obviously he's a highly technical South American playmaker first and foremost, but I'm struggling to recall if we've ever had a midfielder so blessed in both departments - anyone?

He can do in the Premier League, what Beram Kayal could do in the Championship. And there's no greater praise from me than that. All hail King Kayal.

Last edited:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Interesting to me that he was up against Lanzini who, presumably he is in direct competition with for a place in the Argentina world cup squad.

Alexis did himself absolutely no harm at all

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Interesting to me that he was up against Lanzini who, presumably he is in direct competition with for a place in the Argentina world cup squad.

Alexis did himself absolutely no harm at all

I'm not sure Lanzini is that high in the current Argentina squad pecking order. He's only played 5 times and is 29 now, he's not in the latest squad for the matches they have in the summer. Alexis has one less cap and is 6 years younger and has been called up. I think a place in the WC squad for Argentina is Alexis' to lose now especially if he impresses at the start of next season like he has at the end of this one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Exactly what I remarked on yesterday. He was impressively combative - winning pretty much everything.

It may just be my own personal blindspot, but I'd really not clocked this aspect of his game was so impressive before now.

Without thinking too hard, he'd probably be my "Most Improved" this season.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

Danny Wilson, Jimmy Case.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Exactly what I remarked on yesterday. He was impressively combative - winning pretty much everything.

It may just be my own personal blindspot, but I'd really not clocked this aspect of his game was so impressive before now.

Without thinking too hard, he'd probably be my "Most Improved" this season.

I've seen these qualities before. In May last year re: replacing Biss I wrote:

Alexis Macallister - perhaps controversial but I've said a couple of times this season that I think he will end up more of a defensive midfielder than the AMC role he's been playing in so far. Perhaps more likely to replace Gross as the defensive playmaker however.

I increasingly think this is the case. He reads the game too well to be some kind of luxuary Trossard-style player wandering around looking for one or two great game changing moments, he should be involved in winning the ball back and building the play.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

At first for us when we recalled him from a loan, he seemed a slight but highly technical player, a typical no.10. In hindsight I've realised that was just because he was so young. He's now demonstrating all his South American battling qualities too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here