[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He is class in every position, what a player.

I love him in that 6 position as his reading of the game, vision and passing is absolutely superb but he can also put his foot in in a classic Argentinian way. In the first half against against Southampton he totally bossed the game from that position, was a joy to watch.

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So Potter says MacAllister has recently played as a six, an eight and a ten. Are we really supposed to know what that means? And who decided the apparent roles of these numbers? Before anyone reminds me I do know that six was left half, eight inside right, and ten inside right in the olden days.But what's the relevance to the present day?

6 = defensive midfielder
8 = box to box
10 = in the hole

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
6 = defensive midfielder
8 = box to box
10 = in the hole

Aren't 8 & 10 the same?

tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The guy is an insane talent. I think it’s easy to overlook him with the likes of Cucu and Moises emerging, but this guy has it all.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'd just like to add my own slice of man love for our wonderful Argentine midfielder. Visually and statistically our most improved player and balls the size of hot air balloons to take another penalty after missing one in the same game and score it.

6 = defensive midfielder
8 = box to box
10 = in the hole

I thought this was common knowledge for anyone who's kept up with the game. Although, [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] 's use of "left half" etc suggests he hasn't.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A contract extension for MacAllister would be as good news as any signing. He's growing into this league all the time and has a great chance of playing world cup football for Argentina later in the year

Jul 7, 2003
In my day centre halves wore 6 and midfielders wore 4

Always have in my mind that Liverpool began the demise of the old numbers when they let the late great Ray Kennedy wear the 5 shirt

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Always have in my mind that Liverpool began the demise of the old numbers when they let the late great Ray Kennedy wear the 5 shirt

No, Everton beat them to doing that - their CBs back in the late 60s (the days of 4-4-2 and 4-3-3) were Brian Labone (no.5, of course, the right number for a centre half) playing alongside John Hurst (no.10)!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just a quick word on Jocko.

'Alexis, no Tross today so push on and support DW'.
'Alexis change of plan, now I need you to sit back and support Dunk'.

Absolutely seamless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports