Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alexis Mac Allister - *** New Contract Until 2025 ***

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He has looked poor in his last two games he has come on. Keeps loosing the ball and can't pass to a team mate.

I wonder what is going on with him? I'm not knocking the player, but something don't look right with him.

Maybe he needs more minutes as he did start the season well. Maybe something going on in his personal life.

Hopefully he can get back to the player we know he can be.

What is going on is that he is 22 years old meaning that he wont perform well in every game he plays.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I love Alexis but today was shockingly bad. Let’s hope a one off. He should be pushing for a starting place.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It wasn't. He plays like this every other game. Good one week, total passenger the next.

Odd player.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
He's probably just not good enough sadly.

He's neat and tidy, intelligent and has a pretty good shot on him

But

He's slow
Unadventurous
Slight
Shy
Sideways and boring

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What is going on is that he is 22 years old meaning that he wont perform well in every game he plays.

I'd add that as well as being just 22 he's not getting a lot of game time. It's hard to have a major impact if you're in and out of the team let alone if you're only playing 20 minutes here and there.

Shame he apparently(I haven't seen the game) played poorly when he came on, I think he's exactly the kind of player to help unlock a packed defence. Him, Maupay and Trossard usually link really well in small spaces.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Bad day at the office, he is far better than yesterday.

Moder or Sarmiento would have been a better switch in hindsight. We needed more directness, Mac was too passive when he came on.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It can’t help the lad being in and out of the team. Whilst I rate Potter highly, there is a bit of tinkerman about him that might just cause problems with a large squad of players with “fine margins” of difference between them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He looked out of his depth on this occasion, unable to contribute in any positive way.

He did.

What I would say is that he’s never really had a proper run of games as a starter. Even AJ got some consecutive starts, before anyone writes him off I’d like to see MacAllister have the same opportunity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He looked very down when he walked back down the tunnel, eyes to the ground and clearly not happy

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
He did.

What I would say is that he’s never really had a proper run of games as a starter. Even AJ got some consecutive starts, before anyone writes him off I’d like to see MacAllister have the same opportunity.

AJ never started more than 2 games in a row under Potter, his best run was 4 in a row twice under Hughton.

Mac Allister's longest run of starts came last season when he started 6 in a row from the Newport FA Cup game to the Spurs game, he then missed the Liverpool game through a slight injury. He then started the next 5 of the next 6 games missing only the Leicester defeat in the FA Cup, this was arguably his best run of form for us too. This season he's not started more than 2 games in a row which has shown with his performances as he's not being given a chance to get a run of form going.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He's probably just not good enough sadly.

He's neat and tidy, intelligent and has a pretty good shot on him

But

He's slow
Unadventurous
Slight
Shy
Sideways and boring

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

slight yes
shy? ,
the rest of your comments means you have have probably not seen him play , most fans like him because he is often the one pushing the ball forward and getting in th box..

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bad day at the office, he is far better than yesterday.

Moder or Sarmiento would have been a better switch in hindsight. We needed more directness, Mac was too passive when he came on.

Passive is the word that I used to sum up yesterday's performance, particularly in the second half and, even more so, before we conceded. I think it's a tad harsh to burden Mac solely with that tag (and I know that's not what you are doing), when it's a tag that's better deployed collectively to the team (perhaps with the odd exception).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He did.

Started 10 in a row this spring - did little with it, unfortunately. No goals or assists despite mainly starting in the AMC role.

Pretty sure he will become a very good player at some point though.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Passive is the word that I used to sum up yesterday's performance, particularly in the second half and, even more so, before we conceded. I think it's a tad harsh to burden Mac solely with that tag (and I know that's not what you are doing), when it's a tag that's better deployed collectively to the team (perhaps with the odd exception).

Yes certainly others fell short yesterday too. Mac was wonderful at Leicester away in the cup, had that spark and impacted the game like we know he can.

None of that yesterday but was hopeful he could provide that when he came on.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
AJ never started more than 2 games in a row under Potter, his best run was 4 in a row twice under Hughton.

Mac Allister's longest run of starts came last season when he started 6 in a row from the Newport FA Cup game to the Spurs game, he then missed the Liverpool game through a slight injury. He then started the next 5 of the next 6 games missing only the Leicester defeat in the FA Cup, this was arguably his best run of form for us too. This season he's not started more than 2 games in a row which has shown with his performances as he's not being given a chance to get a run of form going.

Thanks useful detail, always felt like AJ had a longer run under CH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here