PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would take they

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Fantastic prospect. Although only 19 he has bags of first team experience. Pretty much a ready made Mac Allister replacement. Would take around £30m to get him, as every PL club will be interested, plus many in Europe. But could be worth every penny.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
This kid is the future. I know a lot of young English players have been hyped to high heaven and flopped but I genuinely believe he’s it.

Losing Mac for would sting but if it meant we got Joao Pedro & Alex Scott (& Milner) with 15/20m leftover then it would be incredible business

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It makes sense to use the fact that we know we’re not going to be relegated to try and get some of these deals done early. Hope this is another of those

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
About 3 years late to the party but be good to finally get him. 30M a fair price and would jump all over it considering wages should be average for us and resale value very likely.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Don't know much about him, never seen him play but he seems very highly rated and appears to play in exactly the same positions as Ally Mac so yeah, why not? Get him in!

If we replace Mac Allister with him, Pedro and Milner it's potentially some decent business.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
On the fence as wouldn’t be able to play evening games due to existing diary commitments.

Need Alex Jones or Rylan to take some of the load to make this work

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Trying to get these deals done early is another sign of our DNA. Bank cash over two transfer windows and then move before anyone else in securing young talent. Use your advantage.
Would be an amazing signing.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I've just read that Guardian profile. It sounds like he's the business. He's also versatile, and has played on the wing, wing back, 6, 8 and 10. Sounds great, but he'll cost and there will be a lot of competition (that said, we're probably as attractive a club atm as any other for him).
My overriding thought is the player we need to have a direct replacement for is Moises. I think he'll go in the summer but, even if he doesn't, we don't have another player in the squad with his skill-set. Gilmour is probably the closest, but he lacks the dynamism, rapidity over a short space, and venom in the tackle. It's such a skill-set that I think we need most in midfield. Others say that he looks like an Ali Mac replacement; I think we've got a handful of them at the club already.
Related to this, looks like we've got Pedro and potentially Milner too (I suspect that'll be more likely if we make Europe). In terms of signings that directly challenge for a starting spot (I'd put Pedro into that category), the priorities now (post-Pedro) are: at least one full back, CB and DCM for me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I can only imagine the fun Crodo would have with this

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Buying top young players for the Championship for £30M seems a big change of direction form buying top youngsters from South America for £10M - is it a deliberate change of direction, or just a coincidence that the metrics are pointing at the likes of Scott and Pedro at this moment in time? I wonder what effect buying £30M players might have on our wage structure too.

Personally, I think buying from the Championship instead of South America is a bit less exciting, but that of course is irrelevant in making the right recruitment decisions for the club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've just read that Guardian profile. It sounds like he's the business. He's also versatile, and has played on the wing, wing back, 6, 8 and 10. Sounds great, but he'll cost and there will be a lot of competition (that said, we're probably as attractive a club atm as any other for him).
My overriding thought is the player we need to have a direct replacement for is Moises. I think he'll go in the summer but, even if he doesn't, we don't have another player in the squad with his skill-set. Gilmour is probably the closest, but he lacks the dynamism, rapidity over a short space, and venom in the tackle. It's such a skill-set that I think we need most in midfield. Others say that he looks like an Ali Mac replacement; I think we've got a handful of them at the club already.
Related to this, looks like we've got Pedro and potentially Milner too (I suspect that'll be more likely if we make Europe). In terms of signings that directly challenge for a starting spot (I'd put Pedro into that category), the priorities now (post-Pedro) are: at least one full back, CB and DCM for me.
I’ve heard players saying that Moises is the strongest player in the squad too, this is another critical quality of the new DCM we must sign this summer.

In terms of full back, and centre back, we desperately need left footers. We could have options at right back of Lamptey, Groß, Veltman and Milner next season which is fine. But like Caicedo, we have no player similar to Estupiñán, that needs to be rectified.

Perhaps it’s being greedy but I’d also fancy another young winger but perhaps to be loaned out to USG. Either of these previously linked players would do:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Buying top young players for the Championship for £30M seems a big change of direction form buying top youngsters from South America for £10M - is it a deliberate change of direction, or just a coincidence that the metrics are pointing at the likes of Scott and Pedro at this moment in time? I wonder what effect buying £30M players might have on our wage structure too.

Personally, I think buying from the Championship instead of South America is a bit less exciting, but that of course is irrelevant in making the right recruitment decisions for the club.
But with the same theme that they will fit into our wage structure.
The thing with a Championship player is that they will have the physicality to cope with the Premier League whereas a young South American probably won't, and will take a year or so to get used to it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’ve heard players saying that Moises is the strongest player in the squad too, this is another critical quality of the new DCM we must sign this summer.

In terms of full back, and centre back, we desperately need left footers. We could have options at right back of Lamptey, Groß, Veltman and Milner next season which is fine. But like Caicedo, we have no player similar to Estupiñán, that needs to be rectified.
Cover for Estupinan next season?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

We have bought Maupay and Webster from the Championship for big bucks. Maybe there's others I have forgotten. My take is that it's business as usual i.e. we look at home as well as abroad and if the player fits we try and buy him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have bought Maupay and Webster from the Championship for big bucks. Maybe there's others I have forgotten. My take is that it's business as usual i.e. we look at home as well as abroad and if the player fits we try and buy him.
A few years ago...........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports