Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Question for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - I assume you knew it was his Mrs cos he was with her? Odd he wasn't gettin the coach? Did your lot give him some shit for her to present the finger?!

He wasn't the only one of their players to leave separately. Jerome was also wandering around up towards the car park, and another one who I think was Russell Martin too (presumably in his case, his family are local).

Pritchard was with some other guy and two ladies. They walked across from the coach to the ramp where the car park (for VIPs) is, and was spotted by a few Albion fans. Naturally, one or two in the group wished him a safe journey home...I think that's what was said :lol:... and thanked him for coming. There may or may not have been a slightly sarcastic tone to these comments. One of the ladies with him then waited a few seconds until they were a safe distance away, and almost out of sight behind the long grass, before raising her middle finger and giving us the bird.

And was greeted by loud cheering and laughter in response :lolol:

I did hear from somebody else in our group that Pritchard was actually very decent to them after the match, signed every autograph requested of him, and generally seemed a nice guy. I can't blame him for going where the better wages were, but equally, I guess it's only fair that we get to point that out to him when it goes wrong. Let's hope he doesn't have the last laugh in May.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And to add, Norwich are desperate for a decent number 9. Jerome is decent at this level, but if you are bringing on Oliveira as your only other striker, you have spent your money poorly. Even [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will admit we have better striking options than Norwich.
Them being even shittier doesn't make the Albion's decision to go with only 3 strikers any better.

We're edging ever nearer to 'getting away with it', gawd bless you International breaks!
Let's not jinx it now, and hold firm for 1 more month before laughing at me, then turning our attention to those holding the purse strings.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And to add, Norwich are desperate for a decent number 9. Jerome is decent at this level, but if you are bringing on Oliveira as your only other striker, you have spent your money poorly. Even [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] will admit we have better striking options than Norwich.

Yeah, but SB won't admit that we have better cycling options than Nelson Oliveira, because we don't. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Question for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - I assume you knew it was his Mrs cos he was with her? Odd he wasn't gettin the coach? Did your lot give him some shit for her to present the finger?!

[MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION] pretty much covers it above. I can't recall exactly what I shouted, but it certainly wasn't abusive. It was either "Thanks Alex" or "See you later Alex" - clearly tongue in cheek but, as I say, not abusive.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Pritchard MUST be a very good player. My Brentford-supporting mate confirms what others have already said here - he was outstanding for them and looked 'too good for the championship'. And CH is not going to unload £8m on a player without being absolutely certain that he's quality.

So woeful as the hobbit was yesterday, don't write him off yet. And I suspect Norwich have bought him as the long-term replacement for Hoolahan who is 34 and can't go on for much longer. He'll end up playing through the middle I imagine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been trying to think of one good moment of showing his class and ability from him but cant think of one. He must be better than we saw for us to offer a record fee for him.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I suspect a player playing regularly in his preferred position in a team full of confidence and the with backing of his manager may perform a little better.

Still, look on the bright side Alex, you can probably get a more expensive custom paint job on your Range Rover Evoque :tosser: :lolol::lolol::lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I did hear from somebody else in our group that Pritchard was actually very decent to them after the match, signed every autograph requested of him, and generally seemed a nice guy. I can't blame him for going where the better wages were, but equally, I guess it's only fair that we get to point that out to him when it goes wrong. Let's hope he doesn't have the last laugh in May.

Agreed, we should enjoy our little moment now but when the return fixture comes around we may come across a very different player. I hope not but he was not valued at 8 million for nothing.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
It was his first league start. Can you judge a player on one game? The atmosphere got to him . We got to him. Hes very talented. Did anyone notice that he scored 12 goals from 45 games for Brentford.
Still it was entertaining watching. Hard lesson learned for that boy . Doesn't matter how much money you have in your pocket. He was humilated and he made the wrong decision

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was his first league start. Can you judge a player on one game? The atmosphere got to him . We got to him. Hes very talented. Did anyone notice that he scored 12 goals from 45 games for Brentford.
Still it was entertaining watching. Hard lesson learned for that boy . Doesn't matter how much money you have in your pocket. He was humilated and he made the wrong decision

This. Very much doubt he's ever had almost an entire stadium of 30,000 people turn on him as an individual for the whole time he was on the pitch. New experience for the boy and it fair SPOOKED his game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This. Very much doubt he's ever had almost an entire stadium of 30,000 people turn on him as an individual for the whole time he was on the pitch. New experience for the boy and it fair SPOOKED his game.

Gaffe by Neil to have played him, the booing affected their whole team and gave the closing down Albion players even more desire to get to balls and make tackles when he was on the ball. It was Pantomine season at times.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh dear Alex......

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 511

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gaffe by Neil to have played him, the booing affected their whole team and gave the closing down Albion players even more desire to get to balls and make tackles when he was on the ball. It was Pantomine season at times.

Keeping Olsson on the pitch all helped :grin:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He's clearly a decent player and the club were gutted to not have got him in the Summer.

Yesterday was pure panto though, and it played out absolutely perfectly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here