Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I find it pretty hilarious how people get so angry about a player going to a club for more money, honestly he has no connection to this club so why on earth would he come here for half the money Norwich offer him? There's no honour in football so who gives a shit. Get over it.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I find it pretty hilarious how people get so angry about a player going to a club for more money, honestly he has no connection to this club so why on earth would he come here for half the money Norwich offer him? There's no honour in football so who gives a shit. Get over it.
Because it's not all about money.

10k per week more over 4 years means he earns £6m instead of £4m - what's another £2m to a very rich person? Taking that extra money to go to a team where he won't be first choice - on the bench for the first match, and not even in the squad today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Who's angry?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because it's not all about money.

10k per week more over 4 years means he earns £6m instead of £4m - what's another £2m to a very rich person? Taking that extra money to go to a team where he won't be first choice - on the bench for the first match, and not even in the squad today.

That's 50% extra, I can honestly say if another company offered me 50% more I'd be gone in a shot, I agree it's simply greed but why be angry about it? It's football nowadays, everything is about money and the sooner people accept that the better. Honestly I'm not even bothered, unless we get promoted we will never be able to match them.

Who's angry?

Read the last few pages, people are still angry and going on about him, we might have dodged a bullet anyway.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
That's 50% extra, I can honestly say if another company offered me 50% more I'd be gone in a shot, I agree it's simply greed but why be angry about it? It's football nowadays, everything is about money and the sooner people accept that the better. Honestly I'm not even bothered, unless we get promoted we will never be able to match them.
I wouldn't go to another company for 50% more if (a) it meant my role was less important, with long periods of boredom, and (b) I was already well paid.

I think it sums up the guy if he was close to signing for us, only to go back on his word because £ signs were flashing in front of his eyes. I really hope he struggles at Norwich.

Having said all that, I think that we were prepared to pay way too much for a player that has not managed to get near the Spurs team, and barely get on the pitch for a dull West Brom. We dodged a bullet, IMO. Norwich have paid an absolute fortune. Yes they have parachute payments, but once you've spent it...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Read the last few pages, people are still angry and going on about him, we might have dodged a bullet anyway.

I have and don't interpret any of the posts as being angry. Observant, commenting on the situation, but angry? No.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I wouldn't go to another company for 50% more if (a) it meant my role was less important, with long periods of boredom, and (b) I was already well paid.

I think it sums up the guy if he was close to signing for us, only to go back on his word because £ signs were flashing in front of his eyes. I really hope he struggles at Norwich.

Having said all that, I think that we were prepared to pay way too much for a player that has not managed to get near the Spurs team, and barely get on the pitch for a dull West Brom. We dodged a bullet, IMO. Norwich have paid an absolute fortune. Yes they have parachute payments, but once you've spent it...

Footballers have short careers and get used to being rich, £2m is a huge difference whether you're already minted or not. The days of 'staying loyal' are pretty much extinct with the amount of money in the game currently.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Wasn't it more about the discrepancy in stories from Barber and Pritchard about being stuck in traffic?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Anyone offered me 50% more you wouldn't see me for dust, regardless of how tedious it might be.

There is a lot of self righteous nonsense on this thread.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Pritchard refused to play for Norwich today because he saw us on TVs last night and realised the enormity of his error in judgement - you heard it here first!!!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Anyone offered me 50% more you wouldn't see me for dust, regardless of how tedious it might be.

There is a lot of self righteous nonsense on this thread.

I think their point was a 50% increase in your salary would be more influential on your life than for a footballer becoming that much richer.

You only need to do a little digging to discover Alex Pritchard is absolutely minted at 23 years old, and has been pulling in vast wages for some time without actually playing the competitive game at any level, save two loan spells.

I doubt many people had even heard of him, and his decision to break an agreement at the last minute for a higher salary and potentially less first team football, is very much in keeping with his career thus far.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

50% more for doing less work. I would absolutely do that. Sounds a dream.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I doubt many people had even heard of him, and his decision to break an agreement at the last minute for a higher salary and potentially less first team football, is very much in keeping with his career thus far.

Absolutely!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think their point was a 50% increase in your salary would be more influential on your life than for a footballer becoming that much richer.

You only need to do a little digging to discover Alex Pritchard is absolutely minted at 23 years old, and has been pulling in vast wages for some time without actually playing the competitive game at any level, save two loan spells.

Maybe his agent had something to say about it!:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here