Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I asked a Brentford STH mate of mine about Pritchard when we were still in "advanced negotiations". Said that yes he was decent, but when I mentioned the £8m fee, he sucked his teeth and shook his head like a KwikFit grease monkey checking your tracking. Then I mentioned that he was injured for most of last season, and he laughed.

Might have dodged a bullet.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I asked a Brentford STH mate of mine about Pritchard when we were still in "advanced negotiations". Said that yes he was decent, but when I mentioned the £8m fee, he sucked his teeth and shook his head like a KwikFit grease monkey checking your tracking. Then I mentioned that he was injured for most of last season, and he laughed.

I remember you harping on about your Brentord mate a couple of years back. Wasn't it to do with redundancies or similar.?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As a player you've got to follow the money, 99.99% would have done the same as this lad in similar circumstances.

No way 99.99% - there are some that move for football reasons. Following the money doesn't always work out financially in the long run either. Stepping stones are only there if you're playing regularly... Don't particularly blame the little albino midget myself, it was just a huge kick in the teeth the way it happened - not a man of his word though, clearly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember you harping on about your Brentord mate a couple of years back. Wasn't it to do with redundancies or similar.?

He was made redundant from where I still work a few years back. Good guy, knows his football. I trust his judgement.

I tend to think the same about him particularly having seen his Norwich interview where he clearly doesn’t care about who he plays for – it was the money that mattered. That’s fair enough to an extent but I’m not sure his sort of attitude would have fitted well with our ‘together’ philosophy and be could have been a disruptive little SH1T

Yoda

English & European
Yes I'm sure had Rotherham offered even more he'd have gone there

Only Manchester City have a higher rated academy and training facilities than us (when the Premier League rated them for EPPP). The fact he didn't even come to look at them tells you all you need to know about the guy and the deals on offer.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I didn't really want to sign him. Didn't fancy another midget in the team. Depended on the price. Not worth the extra dosh.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son has just shown me a sky sports interview with Pritchard, sorry I cant find it to post it, but basically he says he doesnt know where the idea about the delay on the M25 came from as he was sat at home when the call from Norwich came in and he chose them purely based on who he thought stood most chance of gaining promotion, which is fair enough.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Son has just shown me a sky sports interview with Pritchard, sorry I cant find it to post it, but basically he says he doesnt know where the idea about the delay on the M25 came from as he was sat at home when the call from Norwich came in and he chose them purely based on who he thought stood most chance of gaining promotion, which is fair enough.

He would say that wouldn't he ...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Only Manchester City have a higher rated academy and training facilities than us (when the Premier League rated them for EPPP). The fact he didn't even come to look at them tells you all you need to know about the guy and the deals on offer.

It doesn't it the slightest.

I'm sure there are hundreds of players that haven't seen the training ground before they make a choice on clubs.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's not exactly going to say 'Well you know what I was going to sign for Brighton but Norwich came in and offered double the wages so I chose Norwich instead' Everyone knows it was primarily about money, I don't begrudge him that though it's totally understandable if you had no allegiance to a club to go where the money is, it's modern football that's just how it is.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I don't give a toss about Alex Pritchard. He can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Except it's not fair enough because he had already accepted our offer when Norwich steamed in, and then he went back on his word to get more cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here