Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
mike79 - this is a BHA fans board.

We lost out on a player we wanted solely because of the size of your club's cheque book. We are a bit peeved about it and are expressing that on our own message board. This is not about you or your club so be a good chap and f*ck off back to your own board and let us enjoy our sulk in peace.

We will get over it and move on when we are ready although I suspect Prichard will get a bit of stick when he is next down our wearing yellow & green.

Yes I'm sure had Rotherham offered even more he'd have gone there

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
All this bollocks over an Ex Spurs RESERVE player, worth a punt for the money we were offering but going in at the level Norwich did is quite funny tbh.

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Don't come here gloating. You are not a big club, don't start thinking you are!

What the hell is there to gloat about? Just pointing out as have many Brighton fans tbf, that Norwich are a more attractive proposition to players than Brighton at the present time with many players experienced at getting promoted

Anyway toodle pip!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
What the hell is there to gloat about? Just pointing out as have many Brighton fans tbf, that Norwich are a more attractive proposition to players than Brighton at the present time with many players experienced at getting promoted

Anyway toodle pip!

Attracted by MONEY ONLY!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
well these shite teams who get relegated often do well the following season

Norwich bounced back in 2015, as did Burnley and Hull last season along with playoff failures Boro

I see you more as a Wigan or Fulham. Didn't you go straight through the Championship last time you got relegated?

albionite

May 20, 2009

Anyway toodle pip!

Are you back again :tosser:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Anyway toodle pip!
Experienced at getting relegated too. Anyway worst of luck this year, I hope you go down again.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
So rumour has it, he was offered £10k more per week, or £500k per year. To all of us, that's a huge amount.

Guessing we offered approx £20k per week, he will now be earning £6m over 4 years, as apposed to £4m. Once you're a multi-millionaire, is a couple more million going to make much difference?

In his situation I think I'd rather go somewhere where I was going to play regularly.

Spurs obviously don't want him, and West Brom, dull as they are, didn't want him in their team. Would love to see him struggle this year.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
1,2,3,4,5,6 yes!

He belongs to Norwich :D

pritch2.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So rumour has it, he was offered £10k more per week, or £500k per year. To all of us, that's a huge amount.

Guessing we offered approx £20k per week, he will now be earning £6m over 4 years, as apposed to £4m. Once you're a multi-millionaire, is a couple more million going to make much difference?

In his situation I think I'd rather go somewhere where I was going to play regularly.

Spurs obviously don't want him, and West Brom, dull as they are, didn't want him in their team. Would love to see him struggle this year.
As a player you've got to follow the money, 99.99% would have done the same as this lad in similar circumstances.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No bounced straight back up - did go straight up from league 1 before that

What happened to 'toodlepip' a few posts ago ? Still posting, and still on a rival forum.......

It's all very simple, you offered him more money, and like the vast majority of professional people in any walk of life (maybe) he was prepared to compromise any other aspects of the deal to line his pockets more deeply. Fair play to him.

Don't let the door hit your arse as you leave. Byeeeeee.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
What happened to 'toodlepip' a few posts ago ? Still posting, and still on a rival forum.......

It's all very simple, you offered him more money, and like the vast majority of professional people in any walk of life (maybe) he was prepared to compromise any other aspects of the deal to line his pockets more deeply. Fair play to him.

Don't let the door hit your arse as you leave. Byeeeeee.

Yup Bye bye not at all bothered. We have 3 better players I would be far more concerned about losing.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
As a player you've got to follow the money, 99.99% would have done the same as this lad in similar circumstances.
In a way yes I agree. For most 30k pa compared to 20k is a big difference. Same to an extent is 300k over 200k. When you're at 1.5m to 1m bearing in mind you are losing over half of that extra in tax and NI, how much does that extra really change your life compared to lower down the scale. It's not like you will be limited in what house/cars you can buy and where you can holiday. If he genuinely thinks he will get as much game time there as here and they are a much better bet to go up fair enough, but I think we all know different

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
In a way yes I agree. For most 30k pa compared to 20k is a big difference. Same to an extent is 300k over 200k. When you're at 1.5m to 1m bearing in mind you are losing over half of that extra in tax and NI, how much does that extra really change your life compared to lower down the scale. It's not like you will be limited in what house/cars you can buy and where you can holiday. If he genuinely thinks he will get as much game time there as here and they are a much better bet to go up fair enough, but I think we all know different

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
If it goes tits up at Norwich, he'll just join another team. Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on. These boys can't lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports