We took Calderon back after he talked to Southampton

And NSC threw a proper hissy fit about that, toys everywhere :lolol:

Probably the biggest cult hero of the decade now. We are a fickle lot

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Er yes, we want to buy him.

Agree. Chris obviously would like him, but I'm sure he's not building his team around him. Just building on what you are saying.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
And NSC threw a proper hissy fit about that, toys everywhere :lolol:

Probably the biggest cult hero of the decade now. We are a fickle lot

You're right there, if he does sign he will be god, if he doesn't we didn't want him anyway.
To be honest we all know we are not in the mega bucks league but if we are going to break our transfer record I would prefer a player who has premier league experience, after all we must assume that we are going up (what's the point of thinking otherwise)
Pritchard has little experience who may not be good enough if we get promotion, I would prefer another Bridge or Upson if we are going to splash out. I know they are few and far between and expensive but what's the point of buying Pritchard for 1 season then flog him.
He may prove me wrong if he signs for us but it could be an expensive gamble.
Or if he signs and gets us up I suppose the money won't matter anyway.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Yeah but that was Calde, we'd have taken him back if he'd been in advanced talks with Lucifer to join Hell Utd

Phone rings.

Calderon's agent: "Calde?"
Calde: "Yes sir?"
CA: "I have some good news and some bad news"
C: "What is the good news?"
CA: "We're not going to sign Albion's offer just yet. We have had an approach from the Red Devils"
C: [Falls off chair]. "Seriously? I'm wanted by Manchester United? What a dream for a little boy from the Basque Country. I cannot believe it. But what is the bad news?"
CA: "When I say the Red Devils........."

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
He must have been offered and agreed better terms with Norwich to go and have a medical there so expect him to sign for them. However, I would have thought if that was the case and only a medical left it would have been wrapped up by early this evening? If this drags into tomorrow afternoon maybe we are still being considered. I certainly hope so anyway, people suggesting he's not proven aren't taking into account how good he was for Brentford and the games the games he's earned for England u21's. Coupled with the fact that he's young in terms of games played he has plenty of time to get even better... makes the 4/5 mil rising to 8 mil seem reasonable to me. It's not even what we'd ask for Solly and he's only had half a season on top of his game.

It'll be a shame if we miss out.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The same Barton that King Kayal utterly ripped the piss out of? Barton was a decent Champ player but Kayal showed the gulf in class between the two.
Kayal was bossing Barton in that game, right up to the point where he was deliberately stamped on, Kayal faded after that.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We've warned NUFC off Knockaert http://m.shieldsgazette.com/sport/n...n-from-brighton-s-anthony-knockaert-1-8049739
And I'm still fairly positive that Pritchard will be pictured in an Albuon shirt.

Here you go

def1a66fd653b5cccfee763f084c761b.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He must have been offered and agreed better terms with Norwich to go and have a medical there so expect him to sign for them. However, I would have thought if that was the case and only a medical left it would have been wrapped up by early this evening? If this drags into tomorrow afternoon maybe we are still being considered. I certainly hope so anyway, people suggesting he's not proven aren't taking into account how good he was for Brentford and the games the games he's earned for England u21's. Coupled with the fact that he's young in terms of games played he has plenty of time to get even better... makes the 4/5 mil rising to 8 mil seem reasonable to me. It's not even what we'd ask for Solly and he's only had half a season on top of his game.

It'll be a shame if we miss out.

It's the agent.
He is obviously in Norwich for talks and medical, if all ok he will get on to Tony and say do you want to better your offer yes or no but do it now.
And it will probably be no.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes - but Sidwell most people had heard of and had a track record. Not so Pritchard. That does limit scope for how long he can benchwarm.

Agree with that. Sidwell had made his name by the time he moved to Chelsea (and also that was Chelsea not Norwich). Warming the bench at Norwich would put his career back a long way. He needs games and with Naismith and Hoolahan to compete with, he probably won't be a regular. Having said that, he will get paid more and has more chance of being a Premier League player next season, even if it is as a sub mainly.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
It's the agent.
He is obviously in Norwich for talks and medical, if all ok he will get on to Tony and say do you want to better your offer yes or no but do it now.
And it will probably be no.

You never know we might have been prepared to stretch a few extra thousand before they said yes to our offer and we can give a bit more to sway him. Not that money should do all the talking but but it's a big part of football.

Who's to say we haven't done this to other teams but have kept it out the public eye (except the contacting the selling teams club first to match the fee)

Lets hope they do all negotiations over the phone if there's any left to do rather than any driving back and forth. Can't be dealing with more waiting like this...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here