Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
No they didn't. They never do. You must have dreamed it.
OK maybe a saw a spoof account but have they just shared the Argus article about us losing out or is that the spoof account?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Re-hash of the Argus article. Doesn't mention them agreeing a fee. Clearly no inside knowledge there.

The originial source was, I think, the chap at Talk Sport. He does appear to be a friend of the player. I'm guessing he got a text or a call.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its strange. Perseus was asked by several people where Spurs as in the club as he had stated, had said that they were lucky to get such a high offer for Pritchard and hos response seems to be to quote a fan led site. Clearly as a club theyve said nothing of the sort

It all poker. Hidden cards and rumourtism. And opinions.

I thought the same about Baldock when we signed him.

I don't know about the player. Seen a few clips on TV. £3 million plus wages on a long contract may add to the high figure of £8 million with a bit of imagination. These are all made up figures any way. Then he might be worth it.

I like a player who can take the ball instantly on the half turn (Warburton says) and be facing goal in an instant. Stats say most of his key passes come from out wide. I'd sooner play Knocky in the position behind our main striker. Personal preference.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I feel exactly the same as when I'm bidding on something on eBay knowing I'm getting a bargain and hoping no-one else notices and outbids me then at the last second some clungemonkey comes in and pips my winning bid!

Maybe that's the answer, we buy and sell players on eBay?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£1 to £2 million to cover development costs is more like a fee I would pay, plus a £1 million extra for one good season with Brentford two years ago (and Judge did nearly as well when Pritchard was gone).
The value of a player isn't calculated by how much they've spent on development plus a bit for each season somewhere. It's about how good a player is, what position they play, and how old they are (giving an idea of how much better they'll get, and whether there'll be much resale value).

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Not a great loss. £8m for a reserve player who had quite a serious injury but managed to get a good spell at Brentford. Levy's no mug, he wouldn't be going anywhere if he was going to be any good.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
I saw a mention of someone worrying about us having too many midgets. I may have read it wrong, but if not then that comment makes me smile. It's not done Barcelona too much harm over the last decade or so!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
What about the Facebook one? Sharing the Argus article.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

No. We do not officially comment on speculation whilst it is current.

Nowhere online does it say that Spurs have accepted a bid from Norwich. Until such time, we're in pole position.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
This is ILLEGAL. Somebody call the POLICE.

2014-06-14-keystonekops.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here