Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 46 very little
page 46-50 various other clubs have reportedly shown an interest without any confirmation of a bid being accepted.
page 51-58 we're doomed vs it still looks likely.

And you didn't even use the old NSC cliches of bed wetters or binfest once.

Impressed!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Not what the Argus says

I have known CHs role at every club he has been at since 1994. I can assure you he will not have worked with CH.

Chris went back to Spurs as reserve team coach in 1995 at the request of Ossie Ardulles. Alex would have been around 2 years old then. A few years later Chris became assistant to Christian Gross with the first team. So unless Chris was working with him at around 5 years old it would not have happened. Perhaps the Argus did not do their research properly before making such a statement

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm staying positive. Swansea, Boro and Newcastle have all reportedly shown interest over the past month. However, this is the first time Spurs have officially declared they are prepared to sell him - and clearly names us as the potential buyer. In this world of rumour, counter-rumour and social media gossip, I'd still rather stick with the facts....until I hear otherwise.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Chris Ramsey would have I believe?

I don't know; however, Alex might have been in the same Spurs Reserve team as Chris' son Cian - I think he is about 2 or 3 years younger than Cian but they may know each other none the less

Stumpy Tim

I have known CHs role at every club he has been at since 1994. I can assure you he will not have worked with CH.

Chris went back to Spurs as reserve team coach in 1995 at the request of Ossie Ardulles. Alex would have been around 2 years old then. A few years later Chris became assistant to Christian Gross with the first team. So unless Chris was working with him at around 5 years old it would not have happened. Perhaps the Argus did not do their research properly before making such a statement

Don't doubt you're right. Argus just rubbish

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 46 very little
page 46-50 various other clubs have reportedly shown an interest without any confirmation of a bid being accepted.
page 51-58 we're doomed vs it still looks likely.

pages 60 onwards: He's signed for someone else; ah well, never heard of him anyway; over-rated; not worth spunking £8 million on; there's better out there, probably a diversion by the Club to conceal our real target :mad:

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Moose is an idiot.

He just tweets stuff he finds on twitter pages like goal.com

I find him amusing sometimes, but I never listen to anything he says.

This, apart from the 'finding him amusing' bit

He's the National radio equivalent of HB&B

A total imbecile

greenfordgull

Feb 2, 2009
I think we are still favourites. He has been for sale for a while, so other clubs will have enquired before this point. It is in the interest if the player to talk up the interest of other clubs during negotiations (and the media to report it), but it is unlikely that others are at as an advanced (or serious) stage as BHA's with the player.

Obviously I would feel very different if there is news of Pritchard or his representatives travelling to places other than Lancing/ BN2....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think we are still favourites. He has been for sale for a while, so other clubs will have enquired before this point. It is in the interest if the player to talk up the interest of other clubs during negotiations (and the media to report it), but it is unlikely that others are at as an advanced (or serious) stage as BHA's with the player.

Obviously I would feel very different if there is news of Pritchard or his representatives travelling to places other than Lancing/ BN2....

When Everton Swansea and Norwich were after Nathan Redmond : Nathan was due to meet Norwich on the Tuesday, Swansea on the Wednesday and Everton on the Thursday - Tuesday evening after speaking to Chris he had signed for Norwich. He didn't even bother going to see the other clubs, so don't under estimate Chris negotiating abilities and his empathy with young footballers

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Norwich suddenly have more money available today now that McCormack is off to Villa and not to Norwich. They'll be moving down their target list.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm staying positive. Swansea, Boro and Newcastle have all reportedly shown interest over the past month. However, this is the first time Spurs have officially declared they are prepared to sell him - and clearly names us as the potential buyer. In this world of rumour, counter-rumour and social media gossip, I'd still rather stick with the facts....until I hear otherwise.

Facts have no place on NSC, er, FACT.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Norwich suddenly have more money available today now that McCormack is off to Villa and not to Norwich. They'll be moving down their target list.

FFS... let's wait & see, shall we? I remain optimistic we will seal the deal until I hear otherwise from a more official source then the NSC doom merchants...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If a shoot out between us , Norwich and Newcastle , I wouldn't fancy our chances.

Both bigger clubs with probably a better percentage chance of playing prem football before us.

The not reaching agreement does to me sound suspicious.

I'm now expecting it not to happen then anything a bonus

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another gazumping then by the looks.

I really do prefer those signings when we hear NOTHING until its actually happened. As soon as its out in the press that we're in talks, other clubs always seem to come FLOCKING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here