Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't we have a player about 15 years ago called Alan Pritchard?

Don't say that, the No Imagination Crew will be wetting themselves at the prospect of another great returning to the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Of course they could be dramatically different, Norwich and Newcastle with their parachute payments can piss all over whatever we can pay. Unless his relationship with CH is brilliant then it is more than likely to come down to money and we will be an outsider to win that race.

My point is he will have said he wants x amount per week and we must have agreed to pay that or they wouldnt still be talking and as they said just formalities to sort out wages arent just formalities. Yes they could offer more but I dont think that would be the deciding factor unless it was 50% more?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My point is he will have said he wants x amount per week and we must have agreed to pay that or they wouldnt still be talking and as they said just formalities to sort out wages arent just formalities. Yes they could offer more but I dont think that would be thd deciding factor unless it was 50% more?

Car parking space ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think he'll sign. I understand the paranoia given the Grabben (or should that be money grabbing) and Ward situations, but the people responsible for dropping those balls are no longer running the show.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Let me gaze into my crystal ball and offer you a glimpse of the future.

Pritchard signs for Norwich. Mass hysteria ensues. Threads aplenty remarking "why would he go there, our city is nicer, they're tinpot and going nowhere, what have they ever won, we've got a big training ground" blindly ignoring this thing called better wages. Norwich fans register on here to question why the attitude. They are then called inbreds, carrot crunchers, told to **** off to their own board and banned before they can retaliate. We sign someone else and he's The Messiah. All is well with the world again. Until January.

:thumbsup:

dr415414

May 6, 2015
All gone quiet? Blimey....the doom mongers are out in force. It's only 9.15 in the morning and Albion never announce anything until the evening.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
All gone quiet? Blimey....the doom mongers are out in force. It's only 9.15 in the morning and Albion never announce anything until the evening.

But it's not altogether surprising. So far we have been starved of any positive news on the transfers in front.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
But it's not altogether surprising. So far we have been starved of any positive news on the transfers in front.

I disagree, we signed Murray and Sidwell, and haven't sold anyone significant (yet). All are positive in my mind.... I'm not saying that we don't need to sign anyone btw.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Exactly. Too many negative posts here...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Pro's for the Albion - Pritchard has worked with CH before, good facilities, more likely to play

Negatives - money

Alex won't have worked with Chris before. He is too young.

That's not to say he won't be influenced by others around Spurs who worked with the lad and who know Chris but there is no way that Chris himself will have worked with him

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Alex won't have worked with Chris before. He is too young.

That's not to say he won't be influenced by others around Spurs who worked with the lad and who know Chris but there is no way that Chris himself will have worked with him

Chris Ramsey would have I believe?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 46 very little
page 46-50 various other clubs have reportedly shown an interest without any confirmation of a bid being accepted.
page 51-58 we're doomed vs it still looks likely.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My point is he will have said he wants x amount per week and we must have agreed to pay that or they wouldnt still be talking and as they said just formalities to sort out wages arent just formalities. Yes they could offer more but I dont think that would be the deciding factor unless it was 50% more?

If we'd agreed to pay what he was asking then the deal would have been completed last night so clearly that hasn't happened.

Even a difference of a 3 grand a week over a 5 year deal is around 3/4 million pound on the contract. Then there are bonuses for goals, appearances, promotion bonuses, wages increases over the course of the contract. It isn't as simple as player wants £15k a week for 4 years, there is a lot more too it and other clubs can afford a lot more than us in those respects.

If Newcastle knew we were willing to pay 15k a week then they could easily go 20-25k a week to try and persuade him to sign for them and it would be nothing to their wage bill.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 46 very little
page 46-50 various other clubs have reportedly shown an interest without any confirmation of a bid being accepted.
page 51-58 we're doomed vs it still looks likely.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here