Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Skalak and Murphy can also play upfront - loads of options.
FFS why does this keep getting trotted out.

Wingers on the wing, strikers in front of goal, nobody is splitting any atoms here.

Murphy looks great cutting in, but awful when he's already there.
We all know what Skalak can do when in front of goal 25 yards out, but as with Murphy not when he's been there all game.

If again CH ends up having to rely on an out of position winger to make up the numbers then he'll have his work cut out for him.
It'll also be time to start asking serious questions about the development squad.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
A little bit of sex-wee came out reading that

Not liking the 48hr bit though. plenty of time for deal to be hijacked. It wouldn't be the first time.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
This isn't over the line yet, Spurs will still be able to accept bids from other clubs until Pritchard signs the contract.

(Unless he has already signed the contract...)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see Hambo scored again for the U23s. ........just saying
I'm not one for getting arsey about the development squad.
But that'll change if, as and when, the season takes it's toll on the first team strikers and for a second season running there's no dev squad player worthy of a place on the bench.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I'm not one for getting arsey about the development squad.
But that'll change if, as and when, the season takes it's toll on the first team strikers and for a second season running there's no dev squad player worthy of a place on the bench.

I think Hambo might just get a place on the bench if we are struggling with injuries through the season. If he gets a chance he may just grab it and run......We will see.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
FFS why does this keep getting trotted out.

Wingers on the wing, strikers in front of goal, nobody is splitting any atoms here.

Murphy looks great cutting in, but awful when he's already there.
We all know what Skalak can do when in front of goal 25 yards out, but as with Murphy not when he's been there all game.

If again CH ends up having to rely on an out of position winger to make up the numbers then he'll have his work cut out for him.
It'll also be time to start asking serious questions about the development squad.

Maybe because it's his opinion...blimey you are banging on a bit today..just saying!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think Hambo might just get a place on the bench if we are struggling with injuries through the season. If he gets a chance he may just grab it and run......We will see.

Chris Hughton has no interest in the league cup as we have seen with his team selections in the past. This is a good opportunity to see a couple of development players on the bench for Colchester.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Anyone that thinks Murray had come here to largely sit on the bench is plain wrong.

He will start 75% of our games if fit minimum.

And rightly so he is our best striker by some way

Not a chance! Hemed is our best striker and he will rightly be first choice

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not a chance! Hemed is our best striker and he will rightly be first choice
These are great arguments after years of knowing that ALL our strikers were shit.

Languid Murray for me

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not liking the 48hr bit though. plenty of time for deal to be hijacked. It wouldn't be the first time.

Yes, especially since Sky have blabbed to every other team that he's up for grabs. Remember Stephen Ward had actually reached Brighton when Burnley pounced.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, this is the Jonathan Calleri thread all over again. I don't even want this Pritchard bloke any more after he's messed us around this much.

Agreed , he's shit anyway

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Yes, especially since Sky have blabbed to every other team that he's up for grabs. Remember Stephen Ward had actually reached Brighton when Burnley pounced.

That said, it's down to the player. He'd maybe only be a squad player in the Prem, whereas for us he's a marquee signing of sorts. Outside the Prem we have to be one of the more attractive options, especially on a geographical basis for this transfer.
I'd be very surprised if this doesn't happen, unless his contract demands are ridiculous and it's us that do the U-turn.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That said, it's down to the player. He'd maybe only be a squad player in the Prem, whereas for us he's a marquee signing of sorts. Outside the Prem we have to be one of the more attractive options, especially on a geographical basis for this transfer.
I'd be very surprised if this doesn't happen, unless his contract demands are ridiculous and it's us that do the U-turn.

Apparently QPR are also interested and geographically will suit him better. They're still spending money like water, showing the FL to be toothless about FFP.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Apparently QPR are also interested and geographically will suit him better. They're still spending money like water, showing the FL to be toothless about FFP.

What's the latest with there breach of FFP ?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Bong

Kayal
Stephens

Skalak
Pritchard
Knockaert

Hemed

Excuse me whilst I try to hide my MASSIVE erection

So looking at that line up who is the weak link. Bong- that would be unfair as he has not had a whole season with us so I would have to say, under extreme duress that it is probably Stockdale or maybe Skalak because he is slightly lightweight or maybe....blimey excuse me while I hide my not quite so impressive erection.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports