Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pritchard and two more incoming according to my mates dad who once fixed Dale Jaspers car in 1986 :thumbsup:

So, a reliable source?

If true (my assumption a CB and Striker) we're sorted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 134 the same as above.

Where do I find the pages beyond 10?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Yep, have to say I agree somewhat. A decent season at Brentford and little else.
Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting potential signing but a massive chunk of money and massive risk that I'll be praying works out.
Our recruitment team of late does seem to be doing an amazing job, but at that sort of money, there'll be no hiding if he's not as good as we're hoping.

I disagree.............................. £8m is nowhere near the outlay that will be paid. This is exactly the sort of player that should be hunted down because these are the sort of player who are not playing for their clubs quite simply because they are kept out of the team by £20m players........This is the sort of player who could themselves be £20m players in a few years.

CH has great track record of buying young players who progress and become worth a lot more. I think Nathan Redmond trebled the fee paid for him in 3 years. Leroy Fer and Robert Snodgrass values went up dramatically and you probably couldn't buy Johnny Howson for less than treble what CH paid for him and Martin Olsson has at least doubled.

The only failure was really Ricky van Wofswinkel (but therein lies another tale). Norwich were told he was never worth what they paid for him but because Man Utd and Everton were sniffing around him they went out an paid over the odds for him.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Considering his age he going straight into the u23 DS

It's good that we are taking this invite to the lower league cup thing seriously.
We need some silverware.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
£8m is a lot of money but:

1. Its not £8m up front, a lot is add-ons (as other have said)
2. He's proven he cuts it at this level
3 He's only 23
4. He's played for the Spurs first team
5. It's less than Boro paid for the effective but limited Jordan Rhodes
6. Chris Hughton knows what he's doing

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
£8m is a lot of money but:

1. Its not £8m up front, a lot is add-ons (as other have said)
2. He's proven he cuts it at this level
3 He's only 23
4. He's played for the Spurs first team
5. It's less than Boro paid for the effective but limited Jordan Rhodes
6. Chris Hughton knows what he's doing

The problem with football in it's current set up is that £8m isn't a lot of money.
If anything that's cheap.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Yep, have to say I agree somewhat. A decent season at Brentford and little else.
Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting potential signing but a massive chunk of money and massive risk that I'll be praying works out.
Our recruitment team of late does seem to be doing an amazing job, but at that sort of money, there'll be no hiding if he's not as good as we're hoping.

Spurs would not of given him a 4 year contract if he was not up to a certain standard . Decent players cost a lot of money these days , and it will be a drop in the ocean if he helps us to the promise land

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Sorry a bit late to all this. Rather than reading through the whole thread..

Have we swooped yet?
Is swooping imminent?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Skysports.

19:15
PRITCHARD TO SEAL BRIGHTON MOVE SHORTLY

Alex Pritchard will be a Brighton player within the next 48 hours, according to Sky sources, with a fee worth up to £8m having been agreed with Spurs and only a few more formalities needing to be completed.

However, Anthony Knockaert will not be leaving Brighton in this transfer window, according to Sky sources.

The two deals are not linked in any way and Newcastle no longer retain an interest in the player.

Quite liked all of that.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Skysports.

19:15
PRITCHARD TO SEAL BRIGHTON MOVE SHORTLY

Alex Pritchard will be a Brighton player within the next 48 hours, according to Sky sources, with a fee worth up to £8m having been agreed with Spurs and only a few more formalities needing to be completed.

However, Anthony Knockaert will not be leaving Brighton in this transfer window, according to Sky sources.

The two deals are not linked in any way and Newcastle no longer retain an interest in the player.

Quite liked all of that.

A little bit of sex-wee came out reading that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports