Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's amazing how quickly people get on the back of our most exciting and arguably most talented player. He clearly needs support and a run in the team, and has shown previously that this pays dividends.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 134 the same as above.

This is excellent by NSC standards. Compare to Calleri thread:

OP makes very sensible comment
Posts 2-3797 horseshit

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's amazing how quickly people get on the back of our most exciting and arguably most talented player. He clearly needs support and a run in the team, and has shown previously that this pays dividends.

When people go on about giving him a run, they make it sound like he never gets a chance. He does and more often than not disappoints. Rather have more consistent players that don't suffer from niggly injuries that keep them out for months at a time

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
When people go on about giving him a run, they make it sound like he never gets a chance. He does and more often than not disappoints. Rather have more consistent players that don't suffer from niggly injuries that keep them out for months at a time

HE NEEDS AN ARM ROUND HIS SHOULDER AND A :kiss:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Well I haven't seen him play at all but I have declared already that this bloke is shit.

Well I haven't seen him play either....however I can't think of a player that's been signed whilst WInstanley been in charge that's been poo! So I'm going to suggest that your forecast might be erroneous!
I'd have loved us to have spent that money on a quality striker, but who knows perhaps CH is considering him in that roll. He is a goalscorer. All in all, I'm a happier old chap than I was yesterday! :albion2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Getting bored with this now, has he signed or not? :smile:
Yep, this is the Jonathan Calleri thread all over again. I don't even want this Pritchard bloke any more after he's messed us around this much.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Well I haven't seen him play either....however I can't think of a player that's been signed whilst WInstanley been in charge that's been poo! :albion2:

£1.5m Elvis ?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps he'll play in the space between the midfield and striker in a 4-4-1-1 if he signs?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think instead of seeing this as a replacement we should be thinking

Last year was an overhaul of a shit team. Now that we are where we are, we just need a few tweaks and a few extra additions on a few places this season to make us competitive again this year. These tweaks can be financed by offloading the players we were paying wages to, who were surplus to requirements.

I still have no idea if anyone of the current stars will go but I don't for one minute think that this is a replacement. I just think it is strengthening the squad, which will constantly evolve all the time while CH is Manager because he is on a mission to get to the Premier League.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
8 mill seems like....too much.

Yep, have to say I agree somewhat. A decent season at Brentford and little else.
Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting potential signing but a massive chunk of money and massive risk that I'll be praying works out.
Our recruitment team of late does seem to be doing an amazing job, but at that sort of money, there'll be no hiding if he's not as good as we're hoping.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am heading to Orlando airport later today. I was there when we re-signed Bobby Zamora, just saying.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yep, have to say I agree somewhat. A decent season at Brentford and little else.
Don't get me wrong, this is an exciting potential signing but a massive chunk of money and massive risk that I'll be praying works out.
Our recruitment team of late does seem to be doing an amazing job, but at that sort of money, there'll be no hiding if he's not as good as we're hoping.

What about £4m with add ons to take it to 8m ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
8 mill seems like....too much.

But then that maybe isent the figure we will either initially pay or ultimately for that matter ..there have been reports of less on this thread ..and if u look at the Sky report the £8 mill was some sort of package...personally I'd reserve judgement on the amount

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports