Alex Pritchard

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
He mentioned exactly why mate, back in August and September he was probably the best player in our starting eleven and won us 1 or 2 games single handedly. IF he gave those performances now, he would be twice the asset that Skalak would be, and I like Jiri.

He won't though. Since 2011 when he signed for us permanently, he has had one good month of consistent performances in five seasons at the start of last season. Ryan Harley looked good when he first rocked up but there is no way I would be clamouring to have him included a year later based on that free kick against Peterborough and a few other encouraging games

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's clear that Albion have money to spend on the right player. But shy of £10m does not guarantee a forward who will score twenty goals a season. I would imagine they have been turning more pebbles than the Brighton seafront can afford them.

The consolidation here is the number of goals that came from all parts of the team last season. I see a signing like Pritchard as doing nothing but strengthening that.

Hold on to the squad at present, sign Pritchard and add a functional defender. At present we are on course. Many a slip, though. It's not easy- even for the best senior management and recruitment team.
I dont get the hang up NSC has on this mythical 20 goal striker.

The team is crying out for someone to shake the opposition defence.
To create space for Hemed and the wingers.
Someone who stops the forward line from being predictable.
Not only will he have the opportunity to score just being on the pitch creates chances for Hemed/Murray.

That player isn't going to come cheap and i was beginning to think he wasn't coming at all, hence the doom-mongery.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
He mentioned exactly why mate, back in August and September he was probably the best player in our starting eleven and won us 1 or 2 games single handedly. IF he gave those performances now, he would be twice the asset that Skalak would be, and I like Jiri.

It's amazing how quickly people get on the back of our most exciting and arguably most talented player. He clearly needs support and a run in the team, and has shown previously that this pays dividends.

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
Anyone that thinks Murray had come here to largely sit on the bench is plain wrong.

He will start 75% of our games if fit minimum.

And rightly so he is our best striker by some way

And throw in the factor we now have options virtually all over the pitch to allow for change based on form or opposition. So long as we've no outgoings our squad strength is solid

Considering changing your signature yet lol ;)

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He won't though. Since 2011 when he signed for us permanently, he has had one good month of consistent performances in five seasons at the start of last season. Ryan Harley looked good when he first rocked up but there is no way I would be clamouring to have him included a year later based on that free kick against Peterborough and a few other encouraging games

Comparing KLL to Ryan Harley. Cool, now I know to take anything you say as a joke.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
£8 million is nearly three times our current record amount paid for a player. That is beyond smashing our record transfer. It is obliterating it.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
It's amazing how quickly people get on the back of our most exciting and arguably most talented player. He clearly needs support and a run in the team, and has shown previously that this pays dividends.

I'll give you that he is exciting when he is on form but most talented player? Have a day off

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Ryan Harley looked good when he first rocked up but there is no way I would be clamouring to have him included a year later based on that free kick against Peterborough and a few other encouraging games

That free kick was the ONLY decent thing Harley did for us. He was useless. To mention him in the same breath as KLL is laughable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lua Lua seems to have lost a yard of pace so even his dummies are not working for him. I would put him about 4th choice for a wide position at the moment until March comes back then he will drop to 5th. I do not go with this excitement thing as he is predictable in what he will do and where he will go.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I haven't seen him play at all but I have declared already that this bloke is shit.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Comparing KLL to Ryan Harley. Cool, now I know to take anything you say as a joke.

Not comparing them. Just pointing out the craziness of picking a player in the hope he can repeat what he did a year ago despite the fact that in the intervening period since he returned from injury he has done nothing

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Updated

To summarise this thread:

Page 1 Sky sports announce Brighton are in talks with Spurs over Pritchard, a cost of £8m is quoted.
Page 1-13 Everyone says how decent he is and starts panicking about Stephen or Knockeart leaving.
Page 12-13 Two people start discussing the pros and cons of using FIFA as a player rating tool.
Page 14 The Argus confirm the talks are in advanced stage and that no departures are planed
Page 15 Some people start complimenting Nayor which is highly inappropriate.
Page 16 -17 Possible team line ups start being drawn up
Page 18 The subject of an Alex Pritchard song is finally raised (credit to Blue Valkyrie)
Page 20 Sky Sports confirm a fee has been agreed.
Page 20-28 we all discuss whether the amount being banded around is good value
Page 29-34 we sit waiting for the pic of him, standing in the p*****g rain with a rubbish nike shirt with a red swoosh tick, outside the training ground
page 34 - 134 the same as above.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Lua Lua seems to have lost a yard of pace so even his dummies are not working for him. I would put him about 4th choice for a wide position at the moment until March comes back then he will drop to 5th. I do not go with this excitement thing as he is predictable in what he will do and where he will go.

He was on fire at the start of last season, but the injury knocked him for 6.

He is low on confidence at the moment, but if he could recapture last seasons form, I'd take him over Murphy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Huge pressure on the club to complete this one now

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Getting bored with this now, has he signed or not? :smile:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not comparing them. Just pointing out the craziness of picking a player in the hope he can repeat what he did a year ago despite the fact that in the intervening period since he returned from injury he has done nothing

Quite good Venables didn't feel that way about Gascoigne or Mullery about Lawrenson when he did his ankle ligaments.

Injuries are only a problem later in a players career, so at the moment it does seem to be a confidence thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports