Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Pritchard

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The fee for Pritchard has been known for a while...Burnley are haggling over spending £6 million on Stephens

I was being a bit sarcastic...

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It's going to come down to wages and agent fees.

I know naff all about the way these things work but I can't imagine us agreeing that sort of fee without knowing roughly what the player will accept in wages. I get the feeling that was worked out along with the fee.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Yes but he has been injured since then, is he the same player?

I've no idea not seen him play since being at Brentford hopefully we will be getting the same player.

Do you really think TB or PB or CH would buy a player, lest blow our transfer record on a player, unless they knew that?

Blue_Boy

Apr 26, 2016
North Of The Wall
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/107848/History/Alex-Pritchard

Pritchard
30% chance of scoring a goal (for Brentford) per 90 minutes 2014-15 Assist 10%
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/107848/History/Alex-Pritchard
Rating 7.21

Knockaert
30% chance of scoring a goal for the Albion Assists 20% (10% from corners)
https://www.whoscored.com/Players/86794/History/Anthony-Knockaert
Rating 7.41

Shortfall on corners from the left foot. Pritchard is right-footed.

I used to consider him as mainly left footed due to how if he's not used as a central attacking midfielder he plays LCM or even wide left. At Brentford he drifted across the pitch freely when supporting the forwards. Watching more clips of him on YouTube he favours his right as you say

But he's also pretty capable with his left which gives us options from both flanks now....

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
He looks quite good, and I do recall his banging in a few at Brentford. But I am a little confused that with the glaring omissions of a CB and a quality striker we find ourselves in the hunt to purchase a player to fit into the strongest part of our setup ? what do I know?

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Stockdale
Bruno - Dunk - Goldson - Rosenior
Knockeart - Kayal - Stephens - Skalak
Pritchard
Hemed​

If that team doesn't excite you then check for a pulse, because you might just be dead.[/QUOTE]

I am excited and more with that sort of line up.... and Solly to factor in as well at some stage in the next couple of months.......

"Bloody Hell Harry!"

TNBA

TTF

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
So would Pritchard and his agent be at the training complex at the moment?...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He looks quite good, and I do recall his banging in a few at Brentford. But I am a little confused that with the glaring omissions of a CB and a quality striker we find ourselves in the hunt to purchase a player to fit into the strongest part of our setup ? what do I know?

2nd striker is hardly our strongest area with only Sam Baldock or Manu to call on apart from U23s.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale
Pritchard
Hemed​

If that team doesn't excite you then check for a pulse, because you might just be dead.

I am excited and more with that sort of line up.... and Solly to factor in as well at some stage in the next couple of months.......

"Bloody Hell Harry!"

TNBA

TTF[/QUOTE]

Change Hemed for Murray and we are in business :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He's predominantly left footed isn't he? If not used as a central attacking midfielder he plays LCM or even wide left. Gives us options from both flanks now

Pritchard
11 right footed goals, one left footer, no headers.

For key passes through the middle of the field, I'm not sure he is any better than what we've got?

Stats say his number of key passes are double that of Beram Kayal, more like two at game rather than one. But Kayal had seven assists same as Pritchard.

Not seen much of Pritchard. I would like to think he is a replacement for Crofts rather than a goal scoring version of Kayal. Most important we keep hold of Dale Stephens than Knockaert. Knockaert is more exciting for the fans and as he showed at Forest he makes things happen. Knockaert is also very left footed (like Lamela) and is perpetual motion rather then genuinely quick.

Last edited:

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

"Bloody Hell Harry!"

TNBA

TTF

Change Hemed for Murray and we are in business :)[/QUOTE]

Granted, he's not the most consistent player or as spectacular as Knockaert (who is?) but Murphy is also well worth a shout. There were glimpses of real quality in there. I hope 2016/17 is his season.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Had this discussion with a bloke on Twitter not long ago. Hemed was a 17 goal striker last season. Knocky chipped in. As did Kayal and Stephens. Pritchard can score and he could be the key to helping Hemed hit 20+

Not to mention we also have Murray now. It'll be a cracking signing if it happens.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Stockdale
Pritchard
Hemed​

If that team doesn't excite you then check for a pulse, because you might just be dead.

OMG that line up excites me.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Change Hemed for Murray and we are in business :)

Granted, he's not the most consistent player or as spectacular as Knockaert (who is?) but Murphy is also well worth a shout. There were glimpses of real quality in there. I hope 2016/17 is his season.[/QUOTE]

Now even more excited.

And I had just managed to dampen my season expectations.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Stockdale
Pritchard
Hemed​

"Bloody Hell Harry!"

TNBA

TTF[/QUOTE]

And what a bench - Baldock, Murray, KLL, Solly, Murphy, Bong - all legit first team players

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Stockdale
Pritchard
Hemed​

All about opinions but if Bongkaz can replicate their form of Aug/Sept last year, my team would beat yours!!!!

Stockdale
Bruno - - Goldson - Dunk - Bong
Knockeart - Kayal - Stephens - Lua Lua
Pritchard
Murray​

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here