Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alex Cochrane

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
They seem quite a well balanced lot up there - compared to Aberdeen anyway! A bit of negativity of the 'never heard of him', 'we don't need a back up LB' kind, but quite a lot of positivity too. They seem quite well informed ...........
"Incoming signing from Brighton."
"We're getting someone from Hibs parent club."
"Hope it's not Duffy!"

Here's a link, for anyone interested; the news breaks around page 253 for those who want to scroll back.
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/inde...r-window-alex-cochran-signs-updated/page/256/

Such a contrast from the thread on the Aberdeen forum which had about 15 posts, most of which were calling him gay for having his ear pierced. Shouldn’t have been that surprised though, you obviously have to be a special kind of w*nkers if Celtic and Rangers both agree you’re w*nkers

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know anything about young Alex or seen him play?

Just to add to what has already been said:

He attended Chailey School (just outside Lewes) and played youth football with Chailey & Newick Colts. He was called up to the England U-16 squad in August 2015 and played against the USA at St George's Park. He had a brief, one-match loan at East Grinstead in January 2018. In November 2019 he was called up to the England U-20 squad and made appearances against Portugal and Iceland in friendlies.

His loan at RUSG last season was curtailed in February with ruptured ankle ligaments, but surgery went well and he will presumably be ready for the start of the season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
It seems on here the longer March is out the better he is. Fact is before injured defended well but contributed little upfront. Need a left sided player that offers more then March

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It seems on here the longer March is out the better he is. Fact is before injured defended well but contributed little upfront. Need a left sided player that offers more then March

Fact - that's oversimplified nonsense.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Huh. Solly was one of our best performers up to his injury. He had a brilliant season in LWB and got numerous man of the matches?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He’s the most like-for-like replacement we have for March currently, Burn does a job at LWB but he isn’t really comparable to Solly, is he? Whilst we have other players who can play there; like a right footed player who thinks of himself as a central midfielder, Cochrane is the only other left footed left wingback who likes getting forward. F*ck me, I’m not saying he’s my first name on the teamsheet, but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to have thought he’d have at least got a few weeks of preseason to impress Potter.

I guess Potter thinks he would be better off enjoying a full season of playing regualr senior football up in Scotchland, than continuing with the Development squad for another year.

Big boys football is very different to what he has been experiencing so far, and l certainly think he will benefit from the experience. All part of his jorney towards the Premier League perhaps.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Starting tonight against Edouard's Celtic. He's actually already played (started) 4 times this season in the Scottish league cup. Great to see.

Yes, good luck to him against Celtic tonight. Certainly seems to be having a better time in Jockoland than Jenks so far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck Alex, but go easy on Odsonne.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Played pretty well tonight. Our manager was far too negative against a really poor Celtic side but Alex did everything asked of him. Tenacious and got up and down the pitch really well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Played pretty well tonight. Our manager was far too negative against a really poor Celtic side but Alex did everything asked of him. Tenacious and got up and down the pitch really well.

Excellent to hear, what a return for Hearts. Look forward to hearing further reports from you.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Cheers. Will also have a peak at your Kickback website to see how opinion on there thinks he did. Decent website that, especially compared to the near-Neanderthal homophobic Aberdeen one (where c**t is just about the second most used word, behind 'the'). We've got another of our youngsters up there, who I would have rated at least on a level with young Alex, getting dog's abuse. The poof wears an earring, don'tcha know...........

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Cheers. Will also have a peak at your Kickback website to see how opinion on there thinks he did. Decent website that, especially compared to the near-Neanderthal homophobic Aberdeen one (where c**t is just about the second most used word, behind 'the'). We've got another of our youngsters up there, who I would have rated at least on a level with young Alex, getting dog's abuse. The poof wears an earring, don'tcha know...........

My moniker on Kickback is Goldstone Wonder. Don’t post that often these days. Quite a lot of unrest at the club. Aberdeen fans are a weird bunch. Had a golden 10 years under Fergie and still living off the back of that.

Looks like Alex is going to get an extended run in the team. Tidy footballer. Will aim to report on his progress on here.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My moniker on Kickback is Goldstone Wonder. Don’t post that often these days. Quite a lot of unrest at the club. Aberdeen fans are a weird bunch. Had a golden 10 years under Fergie and still living off the back of that.

Looks like Alex is going to get an extended run in the team. Tidy footballer. Will aim to report on his progress on here.
Posted briefly on there when he signed. Didn't bother with Aberdeen - can't spell c**t ..........................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting to see Cochrane playing LWB in a 3-4-3.

Hearts also gave him corner duty, swinging them in with his left from the right.

He did well against new boy Abada, made him look very ordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here