Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aleksandar Mitrovic

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ranieri refused to let Ulloa move to Sunderland for much the same reasons as Rafa is giving. Unless Rafa is overridden by Ashley, I cant’t this happening. If it does I can see Rafa walking.
I'd generally be against Ashley is any discussion, but Rafa's in the wrong here. He's not paying the wages, it's unreasonable to expect the club to fund someone that he doesn't want to play.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Albion fans obsessing with Ashley and Rafa, again!

Does their (huge) fan base ever think about little old Brighton?
Well yeah, Rafa doesn't want us buying their players.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It looks like the fat waiter has finally given in, and dropped Mitrovic asking price to £50.
Bargain, let's get him, one for the U23's :cool:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is similar to the Hemed-to-Reading-Saga. Toon have no interest in selling the lad until they have a new striker. All the £50m and ‘not selling to rivals’ bravado will be dropped then.

Will Ashley actually fork out for someone better than Mitrovic? I doubt it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is similar to the Hemed-to-Reading-Saga. Toon have no interest in selling the lad until they have a new striker. All the £50m and ‘not selling to rivals’ bravado will be dropped then.

There is a lot of potential in there with Mitrovic. An awful lot.

The relationship with Mitrovic and Rafa has obviously broken down and once that happens it is unlikely you will see his potential till he moves on. That said I am no great believer of Managers who think ''I can fix that problem'' when they probably don't know what the problem actually is. Nor do I like the thought of taking trouble of someone's hands.

It could be that Rafa is the problem rather than Mitrovic but I don't think many fans know for sure but people within football probably know what the issues are.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think Rafa is trying to get the sack or preparing the ground for a constructive dismissal case against Ashley

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is a lot of potential in there with Mitrovic. An awful lot.

The relationship with Mitrovic and Rafa has obviously broken down and once that happens it is unlikely you will see his potential till he moves on. That said I am no great believer of Managers who think ''I can fix that problem'' when they probably don't know what the problem actually is. Nor do I like the thought of taking trouble of someone's hands.

It could be that Rafa is the problem rather than Mitrovic but I don't think many fans know for sure but people within football probably know what the issues are.

From what you know do you think the signing iof Mitrovic is a real possibility and if so would he benefit us greatly ie is he what we are looking for?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
From what you know do you think the signing iof Mitrovic is a real possibility and if so would he benefit us greatly ie is he what we are looking for?

I don't know anything BG - I don't want to know anything because I am not always the best at keeping stuff to myself.

Would I personally like to see him at Brighton - ''Yes in a heartbeat'' : BUT only after I did some research to ensure that he isn't the one causing the problems between him and Rafa and or the Newcastle Board.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't know anything BG - I don't want to know anything because I am not always the best at keeping stuff to myself.

Would I personally like to see him at Brighton - ''Yes in a heartbeat'' : BUT only after I did some research to ensure that he isn't the one causing the problems between him and Rafa and or the Newcastle Board.

I wasnt suggesting insider information more general gossip within the game.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

Big difference here Hugo, Hemed did not want away.

Rafa won't play him, but also will not let him go to, a rival club. Obviously he knows that he is good enough to improve our team, hence the silly asking price. What is missing is Mitrovics thinking, he wants to leave, but has a manager asking way above his value for him, his only other option is to play abroad, I wonder if the feathers will start to fly, I know I would not be happy with this situation.
Oh, it's alright for Rafa to buy from other Premier clubs to strengthen his team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a thought there was talk of TB helping out/buying a club in Sweden or similar had that happened could that club have bought Mitrovic and then loaned him to us for the rest of the season thus circumventing the thought that Rafa wont sell to a rival. I think that if the price was right Ashley would sell above Rafa.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Just a thought there was talk of TB helping out/buying a club in Sweden or similar had that happened could that club have bought Mitrovic and then loaned him to us for the rest of the season thus circumventing the thought that Rafa wont sell to a rival. I think that if the price was right Ashley would sell above Rafa.

imagine the mountain of paperwork involved in that !!??

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wasnt suggesting insider information more general gossip within the game.

I don't have that either. I do know two of the Personalities involved.

I know Rafa's personality and I know Mike Ashley's personality but I know nothing of Mitrovic's personality.

Neither Ashley nor Rafa are very compromising people. If Mitrovic has a similar nature or trait then it is no surprise they at loggerheads and a crossroads with each other. Footballers usually just want to play and if they get that then for the most part they tend to be reasonably contented

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Danish Club.

Naylor said the reports of this were 'wide of the mark'.... But that could just be the albion not wanting it advertised for now ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Thinking outside the box there BG

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
We will just have to wait and see what happens in the next 4 days. Hopefully we shall have at least 1 more signing before Southampton.

If you think about it and apply logic.

We have a current Newcastle player in our dressing room in Tim Krull - So I have no doubt that we are very aware of what the issues with Mitrovic at Newcastle are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here