Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Alec Scott

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Haven't watched football focus since Bob Wilson was host but might tune in now that a BAME lezzer is presenting

edit , just googled her and found out that she might not be a lezzer so don't think I will bother

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Talksport? Don't mention TS on NSC it's akin to mentioning the Daily Mail, you'll be banned if you are not careful. No I honestly don't think I've ever heard of him, I listen to TS from 10am-1pm as Jordan is pure box office.

Agree about laddish banter and Carragher and Neville, they are superb.

I'm still amazed to this day that Carragher kept his job after the vile spitting incident. Cannot listen to the bloke now after seeing that video.

As for Scott, she's ok but like some others on tv, both male and female, I find her voice/enunciation/pronunciation annoying, personally. No offence to her but less likely to watch FF now for that reason. She does seem to be everywhere now - maybe that's the BBC way.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Haven't watched football focus since Bob Wilson was host but might tune in now that a BAME lezzer is presenting

edit , just googled her and found out that she might not be a lezzer so don't think I will bother

You're only missing out "disabled" for Gammon Bingo!

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
I'm still amazed to this day that Carragher kept his job after the vile spitting incident. Cannot listen to the bloke now after seeing that video.

As for Scott, she's ok but like some others on tv, both male and female, I find her voice/enunciation/pronunciation annoying, personally. No offence to her but less likely to watch FF now for that reason. She does seem to be everywhere now - maybe that's the BBC way.

I think everyone deserves a second chance. Trevor Sinclair called a policeman a 'white c**t' and he's still on TS, so what Carra did is pretty tame in comparison.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Portlock Seagull said only elite PLAYERS should be pundits. These two examples were never elite players.

You’re being a deliberate knob, elite players managers of elite clubs...elite level you pedant!

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
Not offended.

I enjoy the comedy value of your posts, it’s like being beamed back in time to the 70’s and listening to the musings of a numbskull.

Please keep posting.

What would give me some examples of my 'numbskull' posts please? So if someone disagrees with you they are a 'numbskull' yeah? You must be a great dinner party guest..................'I disagree, you are a numbskull'.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Jermaine Jenas ?
Much prefer Alex Scott personally

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For all the knuckle-draggers frothing at the mouth about her, it's very instructive to read how much work she's put into being becoming a pundit and broadcaster. Not just doing a degree in sports journalism (how many of the male pundits have done that) but putting in the hard yards of sitting in the press box and recording studio watching and learning from other people.

She's a dedicated woman who's spent time perfecting her craft, rather than joshing around on the golf course with a bunch of ex-pros.

Chapeau

Dan Walker is an excellent presenter who's never played football at Elite level.
Alex Scott played Elite level football but is not a very good presenter.

Question is, who will prove to be better, a Presenter who loves football or a footballer who loves presenting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here