Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

[Politics] Alec Scott

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Itā€™s impossible to concentrate on a covered match unless you know the sexuality of the pundits.

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
Yes, as someone who finds football a bit bring, I really enjoy a commentator who can lively up proceedings. Little snippets like 'Brighton is the 15th busiest coastal resort in Norther Europe, according to official EU statistics, although this may change once we leave the EU' and 'today's temperature reached a maximum of 14 degrees for the fifth day in succession, which is a record for East Sussex, although for Sussex as a whole the record is held by West Wittering which, frankly, is what some say I'm doing. What do you think, Alan?'.

If it weren't for this sort of thing I'd probably not bother with the football.

Off topic i know this is but I really need to ask you: recent thread about a guy who was so upset as felt could never afford to buy a property, you ended up talking about the fact the house extension you want to build was fraught with planning problems, just wondering how this would help the guy who couldnt get on the property ladder.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Off topic i know this is but I really need to ask you: recent thread about a guy who was so upset as felt could never afford to buy a property, you ended up talking about the fact the house extension you want to build was fraught with planning problems, just wondering how this would help the guy who couldnt get on the property ladder.

It's completely off topic and he should feel no responsibility to answer it and derail a thread that's about a new presenter of Football Focus. I guess as a new user you probably don't know but that sort of thing normally leads to people being banned from threads. You should have raised it on that thread at that time.

Last edited:

Larry Boyd

Banned
Feb 25, 2021
It's completely off topic and he should feel no responsibility to answer it and derail a thread that's about a new presenter of Football Focus. I guess as a new user you probably don't know but that sort of thing normally leads to people being banned from threads. You should have raised it on that thread at that time.

Ah bless how you all stick together it's very sweet. Does it say in the NSC rules you aren't allowed to derail? Intrigued why he hasn't replied, normally he is 'mr 3 paragraphs' of 'look at how intelligent I am' , I asked him on another thread and total silence.

Having said that I called you out for being a 'snob' yesterday and no response. I asked the 'voice of reason' who 'doesn't bully' why people who disagree with him are 'gammons' and 'pricks' no response. I asked another on here why was I called a 'numbskull' as he disagreed with me......no response.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ah bless how you all stick together it's very sweet. Does it say in the NSC rules you aren't allowed to derail? Intrigued why he hasn't replied, normally he is 'mr 3 paragraphs' of 'look at how intelligent I am' , I asked him on another thread and total silence.

Having said that I called you out for being a 'snob' yesterday and no response. I asked the 'voice of reason' who 'doesn't bully' why people who disagree with him are 'gammons' and 'pricks' no response. I asked another on here why was I called a 'numbskull' as he disagreed with me......no response.

How long did your previous account last ? Because if you are trying to go for the NSC record, I reckon you're at least 6 weeks too late already :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Shame on Joe Cole for having a London accent. Must make him a right dumbo. What a totally snobby thing to say. Typical of the sanctamonious left to look down on someone who they consider to be 'working class'. I bet you laugh at people who shop in Iceland and read the Sun don't you.

I wouldn't laugh at anyone who shops in Iceland.

But why anyone reads The Sun is something I cannot fathom. Perhaps you can tell me why they do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Maybe...and I'm just spitballing here. But maybe people don't bother to respond because - you're being a dick ?

Just a thought.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Alec Scott has been awarded for her fantastic presenting skills with a big new quiz show on BBC2. The Tournament has been described as the most exciting new quiz show of the decade and seems destined for prime time, judge for yourself on BBC2 at 2:15pm weekdays.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I will refuse to watch it because she hasn't got a willie and therefore will not understand things properly.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Alec Scott has been awarded for her fantastic presenting skills with a big new quiz show on BBC2. The Tournament has been described as the most exciting new quiz show of the decade and seems destined for prime time, judge for yourself on BBC2 at 2:15pm weekdays.

The actual format of the quiz is pretty good, even if the questions aren't particularly challenging. But omg, and I don't like saying this as I loved Alex as a footballer, but as a tv quiz show host she is a total irritation. An example, there is a bonus. On the first show Alex said "you can win a cheeky bonus". Ok...the first time. In every episode since she has preceeded the word "bonus" with "cheeky" every single bloody time.

I say every episode, I have now taken to recording it so I can fizz through Alex's inane conversations with the contestants and her "cheeky bonus" (as I do with Strictly so I don't have to endure the witterings of a Winkleman)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here