Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

alcoholics/drug addicts

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As usual after the death of a celebrity through drink or drugs there are all those people who did not care one iota about that persons death and come on here repeatedly to tell everyone the fact.

Lets see how honest NSC really is and hear some stories from people who had or very neary had problems with drink or certain substances.

Drink I find easy enough to leave alone when I have to but I would not want a bundle of coke dropped in my lap free of charge.

The rumours have been around a while, that drugs, and drink, can hurt people.

News has filtered back, that whole countries are run by drug barons, and that wars are financed by drug sales.

Shall I reserve sympathy for those who choose to IGNORE the above while in search of a quick thrill or a change from reality?

Or, shall their deaths NOT be in vain, and serve to underline the sheer folly involved in taking that tightrope walk - a short thrill dicing with death (but in the case of drugs maybe involving the fates of others, and of innocents)?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have two teenage kids, I don't tell them 'never take drugs' as I think it only makes them more glamourous and desireable. When I have spoken to them about the issue I have focused on

(a) Quality control, you don't know what you're buying half the time, and could end up either being ripped off or consuming something poisonous.
(b) Potential addictive consequences, you have enough of your money disappearing when you grow up on mortgages, student loans, travel costs etc, the last thing you need is to find another £xx pound a week to feed a habit
(c) It affects your judgement, after all how else would at least 6 men want to shage Karen Matthews unless they were inebriated in some way or form. You can't unshag her afterwards, so that horrible memory is with you forever.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The rumours have been around a while, that drugs, and drink, can hurt people.

News has filtered back, that whole countries are run by drug barons, and that wars are financed by drug sales.

Shall I reserve sympathy for those who choose to IGNORE the above while in search of a quick thrill or a change from reality?

Or, shall their deaths NOT be in vain, and serve to underline the sheer folly involved in taking that tightrope walk - a short thrill dicing with death (but in the case of drugs maybe involving the fates of others, and of innocents)?

You strike me a particularly unpleasant individual with a sig which speaks of the slaughter and pain of Whales, whilst at the same time appearing to not give a f*** about your own species.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have two teenage kids, I don't tell them 'never take drugs' as I think it only makes them more glamourous and desireable. When I have spoken to them about the issue I have focused on

(a) Quality control, you don't know what you're buying half the time, and could end up either being ripped off or consuming something poisonous.
(b) Potential addictive consequences, you have enough of your money disappearing when you grow up on mortgages, student loans, travel costs etc, the last thing you need is to find another £xx pound a week to feed a habit
(c) It affects your judgement, after all how else would at least 6 men want to shage Karen Matthews unless they were inebriated in some way or form. You can't unshag her afterwards, so that horrible memory is with you forever.

Different approaches can work, either softly-softly or shock, with me it was the latter. We had a doctor came into school, when I was in the 3rd year, to tell us about the dangers of smoking...he brought a piece of lung from someone who had died from natural causes and one who had died from smoking related difference...the former was a sort of pinky colour and the latter looked like an oily rag, that was enough to convince me that smoking might make me look hard but would do nothing for my health.

I later attended a presentation by a Police Drug Prevention Officer, some of the things she showed us (pictures of people who had died from overdoses) were extremely graphic, images that I can still remember today. The point made about purity being an issue is a good one, drug dealers mix substances as random as brick dust and soap powder into what they sell...just to make it go a little further.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
The main reason kids start smoking is peer pressure. Their friends do it, so they do it. Oddly enough, although some of my friends started, they never pressured me to do it! I seem to remember them offering me the pack, and they took 'no thanks' as my answer. I think I was very lucky to have stupid/smart friends! I've seen my friends mum die last year of lung cancer. It was the nastiest thing I've ever seen. She was like a talking skeleton when I saw her the day before she died, so I was really disappointed when I heard my nephew had started, but with both his parents smoking - what example did they set him? They could hardly say "dont smoke" with toxic gas spurting out of their own nostrils could they?
:shrug:

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I smoked at school to look cool but I didn't carry on into adulthood but when I met my ex he was into drugs and introduced me to them, I was with him for 7/8 years and did most drugs except heroin.
He also regularly beat me up. For a while before I left him I was doing lots of cocaine, but thankfully I managed to leave him and the drugs behind.
Hearing the story of Mr Speights girlfriend made me think that it could have happened to me if I hadn't have got out of the 'relationship' be it from the violence or the drugs.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I smoked at school to look cool but I didn't carry on into adulthood but when I met my ex he was into drugs and introduced me to them, I was with him for 7/8 years and did most drugs except heroin.
He also regularly beat me up. For a while before I left him I was doing lots of cocaine, but thankfully I managed to leave him and the drugs behind.
Hearing the story of Mr Speights girlfriend made me think that it could have happened to me if I hadn't have got out of the 'relationship' be it from the violence or the drugs.

Was he assaulting you for 7-8 years? I'd guess that your ex was a twat anyway and the drugs just exacerbated it. I know a fair few people who regularly use drugs of one sort or another and they are together and not wife beaters, I also know a fair few people who use a lot of Alcohol (I know it is a drug too but you know what I mean) and they are the real trouble causers.

After all you used a lot of drugs when you were with this guy, did it turn you into a violent monster?

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
Was he assaulting you for 7-8 years? I'd guess that your ex was a twat anyway and the drugs just exacerbated it. I know a fair few people who regularly use drugs of one sort or another and they are together and not wife beaters, I also know a fair few people who use a lot of Alcohol (I know it is a drug too but you know what I mean) and they are the real trouble causers.

After all you used a lot of drugs when you were with this guy, did it turn you into a violent monster?

More or less yes. You're right, he must have been a twat anyway, still is.
No they didn't make me violent at all but then again I am quite a laid back person anyway.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Drugs are bad mmmmmkkkkaaayyy

610_img_12.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I once saw a giant crab come out of the sea in Worthing and walk up the shingle beach.
The strange thing about it was that it was wearing old style football boots...... you know the ones favoured by Stanley Mathews and his kind.
At the time i was not scared but puzzled as to why the crab had that particular style of boot on when there were much lighter ones on the market.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You strike me a particularly unpleasant individual with a sig which speaks of the slaughter and pain of Whales, whilst at the same time appearing to not give a f*** about your own species.
Huh? NMH is only not giving a f*** about the ones who themselves don't give a f*** about their own species. Everyone knows where cocaine comes from and what you are funding when you pay for it. Dunno what whales have to do with anything.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Used to smoke dope quite a bit in my 20s however drug screening was introduced at work and many friends graduated to heroin so I gave up.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Used to smoke dope quite a bit in my 20s however drug screening was introduced at work and many friends graduated to heroin so I gave up.

Weed to heroin...................

Lager to Doner Kebab......... its a slippery slope.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Two of my very best friends were so into heroin that they moved from Camden to Eastern Australia to put a bit of distance between the ever-nagging temptation. JG was a long term user, his girlfriend JF got sucked in. Both kind gentle intelligent people. I'd trust them with me kids lives. JG worked with me for years. Used to chase the dragon in the disabled bogs down the pub at lunchtime and nobody suspected a thing. They just thought he was an Aussie eccentric. Funny thing was the nearest he ever came to being sacked was when he decided to get clean, and swopped heroin for a bottle of vodka a day. The bosses were on his case like a shot, while his small circle of friends in the know openly WELCOMED his new-found addiction. 'Oh, you've kicked that evil drug, you're an alcoholic now, well DONE!'. And they meant it.

Funny old game.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Two of my very best friends were so into heroin that they moved from Camden to Eastern Australia to put a bit of distance between the ever-nagging temptation. JG was a long term user, his girlfriend JF got sucked in. Both kind gentle intelligent people. I'd trust them with me kids lives. JG worked with me for years. Used to chase the dragon in the disabled bogs down the pub at lunchtime and nobody suspected a thing. They just thought he was an Aussie eccentric. Funny thing was the nearest he ever came to being sacked was when he decided to get clean, and swopped heroin for a bottle of vodka a day. The bosses were on his case like a shot, while his small circle of friends in the know openly WELCOMED his new-found addiction. 'Oh, you've kicked that evil drug, you're an alcoholic now, well DONE!'. And they meant it.

Funny old game.

I have never got close to anyone who refrained from drink or drugs.
I could never trust anyone that pure.
I`ve understood myself and things better when taking drugs but only drink has made me sad.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have never got close to anyone who refrained from drink or drugs.
I could never trust anyone that pure.
I`ve understood myself and things better when taking drugs but only drink has made me sad.

I've never tasted alcohol, (most on NSC know why) and my drug experience consists of one supervised space cake in Amsterdam about 10 years ago, so I don't think you can trust me then Q!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've never tasted alcohol, (most on NSC know why) and my drug experience consists of one supervised space cake in Amsterdam about 10 years ago, so I don't think you can trust me then Q!

Why have you never tasted alcohol............... ?

and I dont trust you El Pres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here