Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2016

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Low lighting and headphones advised.

Or . . .
full blast on speakers, strip lighting, curtains open, staring at the neighbours like this.

TheShining0013.png

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
This is from what looks like the last Richmond Fontaine album out in March.
The Bleach gig in April has sold out and is effectively one night on a farewell tour.
To say I am gutted would be an understatement. It could all get a bit emotional.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Shot in the dark but here goes;

Heard a song the other day on Radio 1 whilst at work. Quite liked it but can't find it for the life of me and as I can't remember what day it was on I can't be arsed trawling through hours of Annie Mac to find it. What I remember about it.

- Was a young lass from Walsall.
- Song had blown up on Soundcloud.
- Her name was something like Georgia Smith, although can't find anything under that name.
- Style wise she reminded me of a female Ghostpoet.
- Lyrically the song was along the lines of "Why would you run from the police if you've done nothing wrong?" with the last chorus switching it up and saying that you should run due to police stereotyping etc.

Anybody got a f*cking clue what the song is, it's driving me mad. :cry:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Shot in the dark but here goes;

Heard a song the other day on Radio 1 whilst at work. Quite liked it but can't find it for the life of me and as I can't remember what day it was on I can't be arsed trawling through hours of Annie Mac to find it. What I remember about it.

- Was a young lass from Walsall.
- Song had blown up on Soundcloud.
- Her name was something like Georgia Smith, although can't find anything under that name.
- Style wise she reminded me of a female Ghostpoet.
- Lyrically the song was along the lines of "Why would you run from the police if you've done nothing wrong?" with the last chorus switching it up and saying that you should run due to police stereotyping etc.

Anybody got a f*cking clue what the song is, it's driving me mad. :cry:

Update (not that anyone will care.)

Finally found it. Turns out Georgia Smith was spelt Jorja Smith.

The beat is actually nothing like Ghostpoet and the lyrics were almost completly different to what I remember. However it's a f*cking brilliant tune.

https://soundcloud.com/jorjasmith

For me, easilly Song of 2016 so far.

18 years old, first song she's put out and it's that good? Long career ahead hopefully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here