Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2016

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
the videos I've seen on YouTube suggest they are a bit gash live but I think I should go cos San Diego makes me happy and i very much like Solar Gap

I also think it depends how much beer they've consumed. I've got my ticket already and am quite prepared for it being utterly ramshackle and amateurish, it's part of their charm.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
the videos I've seen on YouTube suggest they are a bit gash live but I think I should go cos San Diego makes me happy and i very much like Solar Gap

Trouble is I feel old enough to be a parent of the band at particular concerts. In this case we are talking grandparent!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Trouble is I feel old enough to be a parent of the band at particular concerts. In this case we are talking grandparent!

Last time Howler played here almost the entire crowd was no older than 16 and it was in a space where you couldn't just stand at the back like a weary old elder tribal statesman. Very weird. You just have to try to forget you're old as dirt, order your half a shandy and ear plugs and get on with it. The game isn't over until you voluntarily buy tickets to sit down.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Last time Howler played here almost the entire crowd was no older than 16 and it was in a space where you couldn't just stand at the back like a weary old elder tribal statesman. Very weird. You just have to try to forget you're old as dirt, order your half a shandy and ear plugs and get on with it. The game isn't over until you voluntarily buy tickets to sit down.

Oh balls.

HermTalks

Jul 6, 2015
Just upgraded my amp, so really looking forward to a lot of good listening this year. Hyped for PJ Harvey new album as well as Jack Garratt, Iggy Pop & Josh Homme, Last Shadow Puppets and - take this however way you wish, I will not be criticised - a potential new Missy Elliot piece.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Besnard Lakes have released their latest and it sounds exactly as you'd expect a Besnard Lakes album to sound.

Personally I think that's a good thing though I can understand some of the reviews mentioning they seem to be in something of a self-made pigeon hole.

No bad thing as far as I'm concerned. There's not many doing that sound as well as them. The criticism baffles me a little it's not like they're doing it to be trendy.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No bad thing as far as I'm concerned. There's not many doing that sound as well as them. The criticism baffles me a little it's not like they're doing it to be trendy.

Yep. Its mainly Pitchfork who've levelled the "same old same old" criticism though I often get the impression that unless its NEW AND DIFFERENT Pitchfork aren't interested.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The new 'Tindersticks' L.P is absolutely magnificent. A band that I have adored from day one have delivered something phenomenal. Buy the vinyl to get the DVD that goes with it. I'm on my third listen (first 2 on disc, this time the DVD). It's wonderful, wonderful.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The new 'Tindersticks' L.P is absolutely magnificent. A band that I have adored from day one have delivered something phenomenal. Buy the vinyl to get the DVD that goes with it. I'm on my third listen (first 2 on disc, this time the DVD). It's wonderful, wonderful.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Haven't heard it yet. Must remedy that. I fell especially hard for 'The Something Rain.'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here