Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albums Thread - 2016

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Giving Villagers - Where Have You Been All My Life? a spin.

A collection of stripped down re-recordings from their previous releases. I'm not familiar with them at all but they popped up on a recommended thing on Spotify and I'm really quite liking it. It has a Glen Hansard away from the The Frames feel to it.

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Mystery Jets :thumbsup:

41C5xHiBfIL.jpg

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
Very much looking forward to Russell Watsons new record coming out

Quinny

Banned
Jul 27, 2014
And I read somewhere Paul Potts is making a new album too

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Hinds album is so good. I'm a bit feeble-minded for 90s sounding stuff but it's more than reprisal, joyful and young but also a bit fearful and sad in places, with an interesting to-and-fro between differing vocal styles and the occasional shot of gazey daydreamery. I thought of the Spanish goofiness of CSS and the high pitch of Yukari Fresh. Unserious pop with oomph.

[yt]Q7VuwNvhkj4[/yt]

This thread is bloody great by the way

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Flicked on 6 Music last night just in to the last bit of Round Table to hear some excellent atmospheric electronica that threatened to build in to a banger without ever needing to. Nearly fell off my chair at the end when they said it was by Mogwai. Apparently on the album Atomic which is out at the start of April. Will be absolutely superb if that track's anything to go by.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Flicked on 6 Music last night just in to the last bit of Round Table to hear some excellent atmospheric electronica that threatened to build in to a banger without ever needing to. Nearly fell off my chair at the end when they said it was by Mogwai. Apparently on the album Atomic which is out at the start of April. Will be absolutely superb if that track's anything to go by.

Have you heard their soundtrack to The Returned/Les Revenants? If not, I think you might get on with it. Even better would be to watch it. Series 1 was one of the best series I've seen this decade (we still haven't watched the second series yet, but will do in a month or two).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have you heard their soundtrack to The Returned/Les Revenants? If not, I think you might get on with it. Even better would be to watch it. Series 1 was one of the best series I've seen this decade (we still haven't watched the second series yet, but will do in a month or two).

I haven't but will check it out. Cheers!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Last Night I Rocked The Room Like Elvis And Had Them Laughing Like Richard Pryor'

brilliant

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I bet Hinds sound even better live. See that they are playing in February at Patterns.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here