Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2023

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I might have said before but I love the new Metallica album. It will never top their early albums BUT it is full of good solid riffing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Altitude by Marty Stuart and His Fabulous Superlatives. Plus I can't help but sing Albion whenever he sings Altitude.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Only streamed it, but it’s really good. She is a fantastic artist.
I have been listening to it a lot on Spotify, and just had a listening session with the missus. We both really like it. Beautifully ethereal in parts.

Yes, a fantastic artist.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My lord, what a beautiful album.

Julie Byrne

Julie-Byrne-The-Greater-Wings.jpg

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Stewart Copeland and Grammy-winning Indian musician/composer Ricky Kej—announce their latest world music collaboration, Police Beyond Borders. Furthering their mission to feature leading talent from around the world, the album, recorded in Bangalore, is a reinterpretation of the seminal 80s band’s classic songs with diverse interpretations and artist representation from South Africa, India, Japan, China, Canada, the U.K., and more.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The other weeks it was this:

super furry animals​

phantom power (20th anniversary - remastered & expanded edition) remastered heavyweight black 2lp in die-cut sleeve​

This week it is

forest swords​

bolted​

ninja tune​

dinked 259 - very limited *signed* 140g translucent marbled "algae green" lp* in gatefold sleeve in alternative artwork oversleeve* + 12pp art booklet + art print + download - 1 per customer (pre-order)​

Resident Records, stop doing this to me.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hoorah, there's a new Kristin Hersh album out tomorrow.

And coming to town next month.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Matthew Halsall's latest came out the beginning of this month...An Ever Changing View.

Superb!, just like all his other albums.

Here's a taster:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Everyone's favourite Chilean pysch band Follakzoid have a new long player out today, it's called V and continues their journey into electronic areas. Upon first listen it is superb. Coffee and Chilean psych is the perfect way to start the day.

Vinyl is on order and a vinyl repress of the second album arrived yesterday. Happy Friday indeed.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
October has 2 fantastic offerings for your aural pleasure, Il Viaggio by the amazing Melanie De Biasio on the 13th and Ghosts from the entrancing Hania Rani on the 6th.

Nice.

Il-Viaggio.jpg
a2324340904_10.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Follakzoid and Melanie Del Biasio all in one go :ohmy:
Everyone's favourite Chilean pysch band Follakzoid have a new long player out today, it's called V and continues their journey into electronic areas. Upon first listen it is superb. Coffee and Chilean psych is the perfect way to start the day.

Vinyl is on order and a vinyl repress of the second album arrived yesterday. Happy Friday indeed.

October has 2 fantastic offerings for your aural pleasure, Il Viaggio by the amazing Melanie De Biasio on the 13th and Ghosts from the entrancing Hania Rani on the 6th.

Nice.

View attachment 166803 View attachment 166804

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
One from last month but Ashen by Humanity's Last Breath is an absolutely incredible album.

Pushing the limits of metal music and in particular thall it really takes things to the next level.

A dark, atmospheric album filled with dread, it's almost oppressive in it's heaviness and sense of scale.

10/10 for me

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The new Explosions in the Sky album is great. After an initial introduction to them a few years ago I got a tired of them quickly; listening to their back catalogue I found their albums a bit "samey".....I'm liking the new one though. Maybe a break is what I needed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here