Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums 2021

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I missed GP this week, so will have to catch up. But I have heard a few tracks from the album already on Deezer.

Brilliant as ever! Everything Shabaka Hutchins touches always turns to gold for me anyway.

Largely, yes. I'm not quite so convinced about Comet is Coming, but that's got little to do with Shabaka.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
P.S. I haven't heard this album yet, but will certainly seek it out. Thanks for the heads up.

I sort of know what it'll be like, and that I'll like it. So to give you a similar suggestion, try the album - Ladilikan by Trio Da Kali and Kronos Quartet.

To be fair, Kronos Quartet rarely put out anything that isn't brilliant anyway, so you can't go wrong.

Indeed, enjoy a bit of Kronos Quartet.

Will give these albums a go, ta.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
My latest monthly selection can be found here:
https://www.mixcloud.com/The_Airing_Cupboard/sounds-of-the-airing-cupboard-65/

Track listing:
1. Hassan K - Gardgiri
2. Heimat - Ita
3. Sorry - Cigarette Packet
4. Malaizy - Burgercome
5. Unsafe Space Garden - Split-Screen Vision
6. Bunny Hoova - Weak
7. Attention Le Tapis Prend Feu - Violette
8. Anushka - You My Love
9. Ishtar Sr - Johnson's Flight
10. DJ ******* - $herif Killa
11. Post Yoga - Dead
12. Sharp Veins - Unless
13. Scalping - Monolithium
14. Xvostik - Drawn Friend
15. Grün Wasser - 123 Windows
16. Zoee - Microwave
17. Neo Geodesia - Peritonitis Miasma Roses

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Emily Barker - Flight Path Rhymes

Lovely rehash/diversification from the great A Dark Murmuration of Words from 2020.

Very, very pleasant indeed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m very much enjoying the new album, California Soil from London Grammar. She’s got such a great voice.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Minimalist heavy slow core from the rather fine trio, Big Brave. Their new release, Vital, came out last week.
For fans of Swans and Sunn O))). A tad obscure but no reason not to partake.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I watched this from, Damon Locks and the Black Monument Ensemble, the other week and loved it.

Finally caught up with their new album today.

Musically it hits all the right spots for me, especially when some nyabinghi drumming comes in early doors. But the whole piece, with the samples and vocals makes it a very powerful album. Recommended !

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Two of my favourites just release new albums. Teenage Fanclub 'Endless Arcade' is a finely crafted album of classic songs that would normally be on heavy rotation for weeks. However, Guided By Voices 'Earth Man Blues' may be their best album for 20 years (and they released 3 last year alone).

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Moby is getting in on the rehash and orchestral arrangements gig.

Sounds good.

https://www.deutschegrammophon.com/en/artists/moby/news/moby-shares-new-track-and-music-video-for-natural-blues-262794

DeluxeVinyl_CrystalClear_Slipmat_II00028948398683_1001_grande.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I get where you're coming from on this but, on balance, you've got to be excited about them, and they'll be great live. You also get it on Black Country, New Road but, again, the music is sooo good that I'm hooked on it.

I have done some more listening and it is indeed brilliant. Enjoying it much more.

I will also try Black Country, New Road again.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
A big fan of nearly all of these in the series, but this one is particularly nice.

Great collection.

a0631907972_16.jpg

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Have you seen The Comet is Coming live?

Absolutely glorious...like a jazzy rave. One of the last gigs I went to before lockdown. God, I miss gigs.

I saw them on the BBC Glastonbury sets that time. Thought it was the best of all the sets I watched.

Just one word seemed to cover their performance perfectly.... Energy!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A big fan of nearly all of these in the series, but this one is particularly nice.

Great collection.

View attachment 136616

From that collection I only have... Bonobo, Four Tet, Nils Frahm, Olafur Arnalds. All are cracking albums.

Jordan Rakei is a new artist to me. What should I expect from him?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
From that collection I only have... Bonobo, Four Tet, Nils Frahm, Olafur Arnalds. All are cracking albums.

Jordan Rakei is a new artist to me. What should I expect from him?

A very chilled, jazz influenced and electronic-ambient tunes mix it is. He freely admits he is also using it to promote new bands, referring back to how it, for example, launched Khruangbin on to a higher plain. I've had it on a lot the last few days. Lovely.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I saw them on the BBC Glastonbury sets that time. Thought it was the best of all the sets I watched.

Just one word seemed to cover their performance perfectly.... Energy!

Exactly. The Concorde was a sweaty writhing mess that night. It was impossible not to get drawn in. They were magnificent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here