Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's UEFA Europa League squad lists

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion had to submit their squad lists to UEFA by last night, I believe. They submit two lists: List A is similar to the PL 25-man squad list and List B is similar to the PL U-21 listing.

West Ham have already announced their List A on their website.

Will Albion announce their lists?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I wasn't sure if UEFA published these squad lists but it appears that they do, and last season they did so (for the Europa League) on Wednesday September 7th:-

Europa League group stage squads confirmed

(However, matchday 1 last season was Thursday September 8th, so I'm not sure if we can expect to see the lists this week or sometime between now and September 21st).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
UEFA have published the Europa League squads:-

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC

My takeaways:-

1) Carlos Baleba wears no. 20.
2) There is no Jakub Moder
3) There is no Julio Enciso
My takeaways:

Jack Hinshelwood's middle name is Luca
We have someone called Zane Albarus in our squad
We have someone called Joshua Duffus in our squad
Why doesn't Carlos Baleba get his full amazing name in print. shame.

(you obviously know all this, being you, but still :))

Why have they named all these kids who must be a million miles from the first team? Are we forced to?

And is this list for the whole tournament or can we supplement in January, say with any new signings, or a returning Enciso?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
UEFA have published the Europa League squads:-

BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC

My takeaways:-

1) Carlos Baleba wears no. 20.
2) There is no Jakub Moder
3) There is no Julio Enciso

Do we get to amend this after the group stage (if we get that far)?

Never heard of Duffus, Brighton born youngster, signed professional terms in 2022 and is more of an attacking midfielder rather than a forward.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Never heard of Duffus, Brighton born youngster, signed professional terms in 2022 and is more of an attacking midfielder rather than a forward.

Joshua Duffus was born in Lambeth, not Brighton. He had previously been with Palace, but we signed him at U-13 level from Lambeth Tigers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Well done to Duffus as he seems to have jumped a few of the other u21 forwards to get onto the B list

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Joshua Duffus was born in Lambeth, not Brighton. He had previously been with Palace, but we signed him at U-13 level from Lambeth Tigers.
Go on then Zane Albarus??

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why have they named all these kids who must be a million miles from the first team? Are we forced to?

And is this list for the whole tournament or can we supplement in January, say with any new signings, or a returning Enciso?

For these UEFA squad lists, there is an A list and a B list. One difference to the Premier League squad lists is that the A list can include players who would qualify to be named as U-21s under PL rules (and so Jack Hinshelwood and Facundo Buonanotte seem to have been included by Albion in the UEFA Europa League A list even though they wouldn't need to be named in the PL squad list).

As mentioned above, if Albion make it through to the knock-out rounds, they can change up to three players on the A list in early February (and those players are allowed to have played for a different club in European competition in 2023-24).

The club can name an unlimited number of players on the B list as long as they meet the criteria (born on or after Jan 1 2002 and been able to play for the club for an uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday or totalled three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not exceeding one year. If a player is aged 16 they can be registered if they have been with the club for two years without interruption).

So, the youngsters named with an asterisk are from the B list (and the names without an asterisk are from the A list).

The B list can be updated for each match (and must be submitted 24 hours prior to the game in each instance).

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Went to school in Milton Keynes. Played youth football for Tattenhoe Youth FC before joining the academy system at Milton Keynes Dons. I believe he joiend the Albion for his U-16 schoolboy season of 2021-22, commencing his scholarship last season.
As always thank you!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
For these UEFA squad lists, there is an A list and a B list. One difference to the Premier League squad lists is that the A list can include players who would qualify to be named as U-21s under PL rules (and so Jack Hinshelwood and Facundo Buonanotte seem to have been included by Albion in the UEFA Europa League A list even though they wouldn't need to be named in the PL squad list).

As mentioned above, if Albion make it through to the knock-out rounds, they can change up to three players on the A list in early February (and those players are allowed to have played for a different club in European competition in 2023-24).

The club can name an unlimited number of players on the B list as long as they meet the criteria (born on or after Jan 1 2002 and been able to play for the club for an uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday or totalled three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not exceeding one year. If a player is aged 16 they can be registered if they have been with the club for two years without interruption).

So, the youngsters named with an asterisk are from the B list (and the names without an asterisk are from the A list).

The B list can be updated for each match (and must be submitted 24 hours prior to the game in each instance).
Cheers. I assume Buonanotte doesn't qualify for the B list under the criteria you describe, i.e. able to play for the club for an uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday, hence on the A list.

The A-list has to have eight 'locally-trained' players, of which four have to have been 'club-trained' - i.e. registered to the club between the ages of 15 and 21 - so thats Dunk, March, McGill and Hinshelwood. That will be why Hinshelwood is on the A-list, although we could have left the spot blank (or put Ferguson there). So if we do get through and are going to change three for new signings it can't be any of those four. There are no other first team players >21 years old who are eligible.

Ajax only have 17 or so players on their A-list

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Heard of Duffus - pretty sure he's played for the U21s - but Zane Albarus? No, not a scooby. Sounds like the recruitment team are scouting Hogwarts now!

Edit: checked the club's website - he's in the U18s apparantly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here