Albion's opening match at Falmer: any news yet?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
I know this thread has been done before but is there any news on who our opponents will be for our official first ever fixture at Falmer? I heard a whisper of Villareal but that is an awfully long way away from being a bit of inside information! Personally I would prefer a European side than a second string from one of the Premiershite sides.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm sure this was asked to Naylor in one of the webchats and the answer was that nothing has been settled because it depends on whether clubs automatically qualify for the group stages of the Champions League/Euro League, or whether they have to go through preliminary rounds.

Having said that, I have heard elsewhere (from an unreliable source, it has to be said) that Real Zaragoza and Chelsea have both been approached.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't it whoever wins the other Sussex Senior Cup semi final?

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
I heard a very small rumour - from somebody who was exited to tell me & pretty well connected to the club, but told me not so say in case it spread too far & jeopardised negotiations

I hope it comes off & I hope my season ticket will cover the game

Clue it is not LA galaxy

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I reackon its a full strength Arsenal. I think we still have good connections with them via Liam Brady, and as it was Liam who along with Uncle Dick got things moving in the 90s, it'll make a good close to the story. Also with Albion likely to be in the CHampionship next season, we've got a lot better chance of getting the young stars of tomorrow on season long loans, then we ever had playing in league one at Withdean.

Who would Arsenal rather Aaron Ramsey play on loan for. Us or Leicester.. simple choice Leicester. Who would they have choosen if we are playing the same way at Falmer in the championship next season? Probably us. SO if it is Arsenal as I hope, then it could be the start of a great relationship.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I heard a very small rumour - from somebody who was exited to tell me & pretty well connected to the club, but told me not so say in case it spread too far & jeopardised negotiations

I hope it comes off & I hope my season ticket will cover the game

Clue it is not LA galaxy

please not Real or the Manc Shit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports