Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion's badge ranked 56th out of the 92

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Which direction do you think the seagull should be flying in?
I thought when the current design was announced it was mentioned that the seagull is flying forward, not that I ever thought about the seagull flying backwards in the old designs.

Well the club reversed direction from the original badge, when the seagull was flying to the left. Are they surreptitiously saying that we are now headed in the right direction compared to previously? ???

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I like our badge, but unfortunately quite a few other clubs seem to have had the same idea when it comes to design (i.e. revive an older circular badge design and give it a contemporary look) and its become a wider narrative of football clubs becoming more corporate and brand focused (even though a lot of the old badges were pretty ugly- ours included)

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I think our seagull might look better in an oval, rather than being squashed in a circle.
Also, no one else has ever had a sideways oval as far as I know.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"Is it possible to oversimplify a badge? Brighton’s crest would suggest that the answer to that is very much ‘Yes’. Even the seagull looks bored; could they not at least have added one of the city’s three piers?"

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-all-92-premier-league-and-football-league-club-badges/2

The winner? Nottingham Forest: "Exciting and utterly iconic in its simplicity,"

It's just some tw*t's opinion - there are some great badges lower down in the list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here