You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
“Is it possible to oversimplify a badge? Brighton’s crest would suggest that the answer to that is very much ‘Yes’. Even the seagull looks bored; could they not at least have added one of the city’s three piers?”

:wanker::wanker:’s.

Less is more.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I must have missed a pier somewhere.

It's just one person's opinion. Folk talk about Four Four Two as if it's a huge collective conscience.

Certainly some odd ranking in there (although I don't think our badge is especially iconic).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
“Is it possible to oversimplify a badge? Brighton’s crest would suggest that the answer to that is very much ‘Yes’. Even the seagull looks bored; could they not at least have added one of the city’s three piers?”

:wanker::wanker:’s.

Less is more.

Probably got us mixed up with Blackpool :facepalm: easy mistake for a stupid journalist, team from the seaside beginning with B

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They comment that the Forest badge is funky.
To me it looks like a cartoon blow off or a nuclear cloud.

Funky FFS.........

Even the Twats badge is smiling :facepalm:

Jimmy Grimble

Ranking Bournemouth at 20th, insert facepalm smiley.

I’m glad I read this before opening the link. Not a chance it’s a good list based on that ranking.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ranking Bournemouth at 20th, insert facepalm smiley.

If that's the case, I'm not even going to bother clicking the link. I'm not sure how they'd get that joke of a badge into the top 90, let alone the top 20.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Bit silly and inconsistent. The top two (Wolves and Forrest) are absolutely minimalist. But then number 4, Barnsley is an absolute garish mess of different elements.

I think, ideally, the logo should be simple enough that a bored school kid can sketch a reasonable facsimile on the back of their workbook. They should also be immediately recognizable without having to read whatever text is on the badge. Remove the word "Barnsley" from their badge and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't be able to place it. Wolves doesn't even have any words. Forrest's would still be easy to recognize without the text. I think ours would be too, if not for the fact that Hollister use a similar looking logo (although I think their seagull is flying in the opposite direction), but I don't think they are widespread in the UK are they?

Same goes for flags. Overly complicated flags are not good.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I like our badge. And I think it's a marked improvement on our previous one.

I don't like Forest's use of upper and lower case letters.

Wolves too 80's for me. I do like simple, though, and I think Derby do it well.

MK Dons and Fulham have to be the worst.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here