Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't quite see the connection with 'all the moaners'.

If you think the ticket price is too expensive, and you moan about it, what difference does an £8m debt make.
If we had an £8m profit we'd still charge competitive prices, which would be too expensive for 'all the moaners'.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't quite see the connection with 'all the moaners'.

If you think the ticket price is too expensive, and you moan about it, what difference does an £8m debt make.
If we had an £8m profit we'd still charge competitive prices, which would be too expensive for 'all the moaners'.

What about moaners like me who think the squad is perfectly adequate and would be much better placed in the league with a better manager/tactics? I don't want to see any more money spent, so where do I fall? Surely the wake up call should be to the ones saying it's not Poyet's fault and we should just 'spend big' some new players?

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I also don't get the link to 'moaners' with this news. Surely this is a wake up call for those who don't question, rather than moaners?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Loan repayments don't count towards operating profit/loss, I believe Trigaaar is an accountant and told me that, so your whole "we're repaying TB" argument is bs.

Thing is no where does it state in the programme about profit/loss it makes a statement that we lost and predicted to lose 8m in the respective years. Irrelevant of any accountants jargon if the business starts with x and finishes with y in the bank and that amounts to a loss or debt then your business has lost that amount, yes you might have bought this that or the other and got a nice new asset but if you've have got any money your screwed.

All i'm trying to say is that it's very easy to post a loss whilst actually being very solvent and visa versa. Accountants are very creative.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Not trolling here but you spent £2-3million on CMS (Not including his wages). That should have been a concern.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Not trolling here but you spent £2-3million on CMS (Not including his wages). That should have been a concern.

Next you will be telling us Wayne Bridge is the best LB in the league :moo:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We built a new ground and expanded it further during that tax year. Yes the basic was paid for but so many small parts will have drifted into the accounts. IF they didn't and we'd made say 2 mil profit, we'd have a massive tax bill.

Accountancy is very different to the ACTUAL picture at times.

I suspect that one of the things that will emerge once the new rules on football finances kick in is that Championship football as a whole is unsustainable. What happens then?

This is the moment the chickens come home to roost, following the conspiracy perpetrated by the big clubs who dreamt up the Premier League plan to concentrate all the wealth in their own pockets.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We are putting in a premier league infrastructure that is not cheap and I would anticipate these figures continuing until we are promoted. On the surface it looks bad but until someone has reviewed the accounts in full we do not know the whole story behind this figure

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I suspect that one of the things that will emerge once the new rules on football finances kick in is that Championship football as a whole is unsustainable. What happens then?

This is the moment the chickens come home to roost, following the conspiracy perpetrated by the big clubs who dreamt up the Premier League plan to concentrate all the wealth in their own pockets.

What does happen then ? Cast League 1 & 2 adrift ?

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere

Probably something along the lines of what Alex Ferguson was saying this week, where he cherry-picks a couple of Championship clubs as Man Utd's feeder-player offload clubs, and the Championship club becomes indebted to the Premier League club. Only one step away from having franchises ..

fleischman

Sep 13, 2011
Do the current costs and losses not reflect the vast investment in the AMEX expansion? I suspect without these we would be making a profit.....

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There are some quotes from tomorrow's programme from Bloom and Barber on my blog.

http://tinyurl.com/au85zmm

I don't think Bloom would do anything to put our long term future at risk.

Four pages on it in the programme which, for anyone who can't wait until tomorrow, can be downloaded now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here