Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Everyone knows that the Arsegas is haemorrhaging money, the owners will be taking it weeklies soon as they can and if Andy hasn't got his big money move to Fleet Street by then he'll be looking to the Albion's commercial department for a job.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ive said before, next season i expect us to have less of a loss (possibly a profit). Expansion would be finished which would result in (hopefully) more tickets being sold and it will also mean nothing else would have to be spent on that.

The B&H Jobs shirt sponsorship contract is up as well and from Barbers experience of making a shitload of money from sponsors at his previous clubs (oversaw Spurs biggest sponsor contract of £34 Million) he could get us a very lucrative contract which would make the club a lot of money. Then you have new shirts too, which would be sold in their thousands.

I do expect something to be done with the monthly ST payments, something like an extra £20 payment when you renew. Unsure how many STHs we have paying monthly, say there would be around 19,000 by the expansion is done - that would be an extra £380,000 for the club, not much but it does towards reducing the loss.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there any mention of how this £8M loss was reached?. Was it mainly wages... or other?

No. I think you can broadly draw the conclusion that to actively try and get out of this division in the right direction you are going to be stretching finances hard.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
£8 Million loss....

Being reported, can't see this anywhere else. Thought it would be top of the page. So who still things we pay average wages for this league???...Season ticket sales alone must run into millions and millions. I can't be arsed to do the maths but i'm starting to believe some of the figures i've have been hearing, that certain people are on, at the club. One person's wages, could have probably covered the entire playing staff in the Withdean days. Not that i'm pining for that, but some people are on big, big bucks!!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There is some news which I have just seen embargoed until tomorrow, hence possibly why Naylor hasn't gone into more detail.

It is about FFP and some if the figures are startling. Would definitely buy the programme / listen to Albion Roar etc tomorrow.

What is FFP?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How small? There's about 20,000 members isn't there, of which a fair few are active/lurking.

I would say 2000 max whoare "vocal" as in posting.

Alot of members register then never go back.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would say 2000 max whoare "vocal" as in posting.

Alot of members register then never go back.

c6,000 unique people post on NSC in a given month.

The Albion doesn't have any big groups. NSC is by far and away the biggest of the small groups.

We lost 8m last year and will again this.

It was indeed £7-8M for 2010/11 but last year's annual return to Companies House (for the year to end June 2012) hasn't appeared on their website yet and doesn't need to be submitted until March.
I've always assumed that it is the 2011/12 figures that are being referred to when PC, PB, TB or whoever at the club indicate that we are making an operational loss. Perhaps Al and Ady can get this confirmed/clarified during the Albion Roar recording this evening?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was indeed £7-8M for 2010/11 but last year's annual return to Companies House (for the year to end June 2012) hasn't appeared on their website yet and doesn't need to be submitted until March. I've always assumed that it is these figures that are being referred to when PC, PB, TB or whoever at the club indicate that we are making an operational loss. Perhaps Al and Ady can get this confirmed/clarified during the Albion Roar recording this evening?

c£8m loss for the last trading year, c£8m forecast for the current trading year. Official club numbers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was indeed £7-8M for 2010/11 but last year's annual return to Companies House (for the year to end June 2012) hasn't appeared on their website yet and doesn't need to be submitted until March. I've always assumed that it is these figures that are being referred to when PC, PB, TB or whoever at the club indicate that we are making an operational loss. Perhaps Al and Ady can get this confirmed/clarified during the Albion Roar recording this evening?

c£8m loss for the last trading year, c£8m forecast loss for the current trading year. Official club numbers.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
c6,000 unique people post on NSC in a given month.

The Albion doesn't have any big groups. NSC is by far and away the biggest of the small groups.

When you say unique, does that take into account posters who may have more than one username and post messsages?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
£8 Million loss....

It's fairly obvious that the "loss" includes the loan repayment to TB.

That or the club has absolutely no clue about how to run a business, and we should expect to be in administration within the next few years if we fail to make the Premier League.

(although I can only reiterate that it's obviously the former, although I'm sure there are some people living in fairyland who still don't believe that TB wants his money back)

Capital repayments on a loan cannot be counted as a loss as far as the taxman is concerned; only interest can be counted.

Having said that, chances are that some clever accountant is working his magic on the books.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When you say unique, does that take into account posters who may have more than one username and post messsages?

No, but they will be relatively few and far between.

Google Analytics gives a better indication of absolute unique visitors to NSC, which is in the tens of thousands, but doesn't record those who post.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Now if these figures are correct, it will be a wake up call to all of the championship. On your attendances of 20,000 plus for 2011/2 season, the outgoings must have been huge, and that's not sustainable . That's why Barber's been brought in, to increase revenue streams.
They've got to be careful about increasing match day costs too much, don't alienate your fans/customers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here