Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion's £8m pa loss [Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners.]

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Naylor is only ever going to focus the whingers who think that a full price ticket is OTT for a cup game against premier league opposition. The upcoming FFP provisions (the ones that define "fair play" as being fair to clubs coming down from the prem despite the clear disadvantage to all others) will help him make his point and it is, in fairness to him, pretty well undeniable.

BTW Birmingham made a £12M PROFIT last year despite being arguably one of the worst run clubs in the championship. It was of course largely down to the parschute payments.

If we are struggling as it seems we are then god help the Peterboro's.................!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Does FPP come into play next season?

I know there is a trial run in the champ, this is our second season of the trial run (its been in place in league 1 / 2 for about 5 years). Not in place for the prem yet.

The club said we are in line with it to not have any transfer embargo places upon us when it comes into play. One new requirement is also the deadline of audited accounts (not sure if it is tighter than the company house deadline).

What do we think season tickets generate as revenue?

22,000 * £450 average (incl 1901 prices / kids etc) = ~9M. Not that much considering the price of what the training ground will cost! Season ticket prices are obviously going to rise by about 7-10% I reckon but keeping match day prices pretty similar to this season, except maybe some categorising of the big games (Palace, Charlton, relegated prem teams).

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I think that figure's already been disowned as it applied to League One, plus LOADS of additional costs weren't factored in.

I wasn't aware that they just applied to League One, I just remember hearing/seeing this figure at the time season tickets were being sold for Falmer.
After 2 to 3 seasons you'd hope costs are under control and any additional capital spending is completed.
We seem to have a strict playing budget and as we are not paying interest on the loan we are in the same position as clubs that own their ground outright, so yes, if we aren't profitable at that point we never will be, outside of the Premier League anyway.
If it's about FFP, we must be better equipped than almost any other club to comply with that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We lost 8m last year and will again this.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just read the prog. blah blah blah......full prices........pies up............beer up..........20p on fags, vat to stay the same, top rate of tax lowered to 40% over 60's shot etc etc

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I would not expect us to declare an operating profit EVER.
Profit means paying tax -if we do happen to make a profit then we'll choose to pay TB some money back and keep at break even. He can then tuck it in his wallet and either keep it forever or one day find a cunning way of putting it back into the club.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Profit means paying tax -if we do happen to make a profit then we'll choose to pay TB some money back and keep at break even. He can then tuck it in his wallet and either keep it forever or one day find a cunning way of putting it back into the club.

Loan repayments don't reduce profits unfortunately but interest would.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So the likes of him at Middlesboro and the Thais at Leicester are f***ed if they don't get promoted then

I guess that's what the parachute payments are for - paying the ongoing contracts of Championship players on Premiership wages.

Blackpool, on the other hand, cut their cloth very well while in the Premiership - a lesson in prudence, I suppose.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I guess that's what the parachute payments are for - paying the ongoing contracts of Championship players on Premiership wages.

Blackpool, on the other hand, cut their cloth very well while in the Premiership - a lesson in prudence, I suppose.

Leicester spunked huge money on Sven's signings and Cardiff are too on the likes of Bellamy and neither have had parachute money but cash from SE Asian benefactors so that would have to stop which wouldn't be a bad thing

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Wake up call tomorrow for the minority of moaners..

So the likes of him at Middlesboro and the Thais at Leicester are f***ed if they don't get promoted then

Potentially the Swiss Ramble did a table that I posted ages ago. If you get promoted whilst breaking FFP a transfer embargo is imposed. If you fail to get promoted you get a fine the size of which is dependent upon how much you broke it by.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Total and utter garbage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here