Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion – "Worst support we’ve ever seen"?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Anyone else feel embarrassed hearing the Wolves fans on Tuesday singing “Shall we sing a song for you?”

Compare and contrast:-

Sussex by the Sea
Watford Away Game - Continuous

Wolves Home Game - Not heard once

We go a goal down
Watford Away Game - Immediate, deafening, defiant SBTS

Wolves Home Game - Silence, muttering, audible crisp packets

Approach to opposing fans
Watford Away Game - Albion fans sing: “Shall we sing a song for you?”, “You’re supposed to be at home!”, “You should have stayed in the library” and of course, “Worst support we’ve ever seen”

Wolves Home Game - Wolves fans sing: “Shall we sing a song for you?” And Albion fans reply with instant barrage of, er, hurt looks

Encouragement to players

Watford Away Game - Proactive: We led and inspired them

Wolves Home Game - Reactive: We responded only to events on the pitch

FAO anyone reading this who was among the 2000 wall of sound at Watford: Where were you at Withdean on Tuesday night? What were you doing? How did you feel?

And where will you be on Saturday, against QPR?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Gilliver's Travels said:

FAO anyone reading this who was among the 2000 wall of sound at Watford: Where were you at Withdean on Tuesday night? What were you doing? How did you feel?

Stuck up the back of E block among people who would spit on you if you piped up.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I thought the WOLVES support was frankly PATHETIC!

1-0 up, away from home, and you could hardly hear them. :nono:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
WHERE have you been? the atmos at Withers, as has been discussed on here millions of times, is SHIT! 'nuff said!

Roof......all we want is a Roof!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
tuesday night was weird , given the fact that we made more noise at the Brizzie Rovers game (to which there was under 4,000 people there) to a pack withdean

even Krispies attempts went in vain

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You don't need a roof to make a good noise.

Some of the best away support at Withdean has been VERY LOUD indeed, even from G-block.

The one that springs to mind was STOKE... they made a right racket - and that's only a few hundred of them, with no roof!

Not having a roof is NO EXCUSE!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
When the Wolves fans sang that they'd been pretty silent themselves for a while. I thought the noise they made was pathetic.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i get the feeling we only sing when were standing

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
yeah true about the roof, but if you have a roof it does help as people can hear a slight echo of themsleves and they get all excited and start singing more and eventually everyone joins in and all you get is 2000 people going "QUACK QUACK" and "CUCKOO"

...where was I going with this, oh yeah, agreed you dont need a roof but I bet if Withers had one on the south stand you would get a much better atmosphere, not the atmosphere you get on Mars more of a Saturn...with rings and EVERYTHING!

skintboy

Jul 12, 2003
Eastborne
Even so,only noise was when Wolves sub gestured at south stand when he was walking off slowly,and should of been booked for that!!!!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Ok.. how about a sneaky bit of a PA system, giving some FOLDBACK into the South Stand, to encourage the singers ??

Yoda

English & European
You could hardly hear Wolves until they went one up and to be fair, we actually sung a couple of times in block D/E (where it crosses from one to the other).

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Didn't think the atmosphere on tues was any worse than it usually is. The Wolves fans I thought were pathetic, didn't hear them sing anything at all.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Gilliver's Travels said:

On Tuesday I was listening to the game on the Internet and on Saturday I will be down the pub watching the Ryder cup, largely because I live in Warwickshirse not because of Withdean. That said I can understand why people dont bother with Withdean, the reasons being;

1. No Roof
2. No Atmosphere
3. Lack of pay on the day facilities to catch the infrequent visitor
4. Being made to feel like a criminal if you park your car near the ground (The reason why my Dad dosen't go who went to the Goldstone for 30 years)
5 V block - Ever watched a game in there. I wouldn't go back there if you paid me.

I could go on. People are sick of it. We need Falmer.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Gilliver - spot on mate. I was spitting fire on Tuesday night about the atmos - did my best to get people going (F-Block, row D) but did anyone f**king sing, shout or do anything? Until it started kicking off on the pitch. Did they heck.

There was a small boy, must have been six or seven, sat on the aisle just to my right who made more noise than the whole of E and F-block put together. He was astounding, copying me and the few other people around us who did bother to make a noise, whenever he could. And good on him.

We can no longer blame Withdean. Look at the noise we finally did create when, as you rightly say, the 'supporters' REACTED to actions and decisions on the pitch. We were loud. The rest of the time, a fart would have echoed across the pitch.

The reason we got the result on Saturday at Watford was because we got behind the team and pretty much willed the ball into the net. Tuesday night was disgusting. It's not Withdean, it's the Withdean crowd. F**king pathetic on the whole and an embarrassment.

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here