Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion World of Nations

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After all the talk of how many more South American countries we need a player from, here is the current FIFA Top 100 and confirmation of whether we have had a player from that nation and whether we've had someone who has played international football for them. I'm sure some of it will be wrong, but it's yours to correct (or to add to as I couldn't be bothered to go further than the top 100, so someone else will have to detail Chris Wood and New Zealand etc).

Info from: https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/men?dateId=id14079 &

I've tried to include the most current player as an example, but where they haven't been capped, I've tried to add the player who has been too.

CountryNationalityCappedPlayer
1​
ArgentinaYYBuonanotte
2​
FranceYNMaupay
3​
BrazilYNJulio/Pedro
4​
EnglandYYDunk
5​
BelgiumYYTrossard
6​
CroatiaNN
7​
NetherlandsYYVeltman
8​
ItalyYNSchelotto
9​
PortugalYU21Teixera
10​
SpainYYSanchez
11​
USAYYYelldell
12​
MexicoNN
13​
SwitzerlandYYZeqiri
14​
MoroccoNN
15​
GermanyYYDahoud
16​
UruguayYNArsimendi
17​
ColombiaYYAlzate
18​
SenegalYYSima
19​
DenmarkYNAnkergren
20​
JapanYYMitoma
21​
PeruNN
22​
IranYYJahanbakhsh
23​
SwedenYYAyari
24​
UkraineNN
25​
SerbiaYNRadulovic
26​
PolandYYModer
27​
AustraliaYYPeupion / Ryan
28​
S KoreaNN
29​
AustriaYYSuttner
30​
ScotlandYYGilmour
31​
TunisiaNN
32​
ChileYYJara
33​
AlgeriaNN
34​
EgyptYYEl Abd
35​
WalesYYCrofts
36​
HungaryNN
37​
CzechiaYYSkalak
38​
RussiaNN
39​
NigeriaYYBalogun
40​
EcuadorYYEstupinan
41​
TurkeyYYUndav/Kazim Richards
42​
CameroonYYBong
43​
CanadaYYMcGill/Adekugbe
44​
NorwayYYOestigard
45​
PanamaNN
46​
Costa RicaNN
47​
SlovakiaYNBrezovan
48​
RomaniaYYAndone
49​
ParaguayYYEnciso
50​
GreeceNN
51​
MaliYYBissouma
52​
Cote dIvoireYYAdingra
53​
Republic of IrelandYYFerguson
54​
Saudi ArabiaNN
55​
FinlandYYMaenpaa
56​
Burkino FasoNN
57​
VenezuelaNN
58​
JamaicaYYBenjamin
59​
QatarNN
60​
GhanaYYLamptey
61​
SloveniaYYMlakar
62​
Bosnia & HerzegovinaNN
63​
South AfricaYYTau
64​
Northern IrelandYYNorwood
65​
AlbaniaNN
66​
Cape VerdeYNSantos
67​
IcelandYYIngimarsson
68​
North MacedoniaNN
69​
Congo DRYYToko
70​
IraqYYKasim
71​
MontenegroNN
72​
UEANN
73​
OmanYYAl Habsi
74​
UzbekistanNN
75​
El SalvadorNN
76​
IsraelYYKayal
77​
BulgariaYYKishishev
78​
GeorgiaNN
79​
HondurasNN
80​
ChinaNN
81​
GuineaNN
82​
JordanNN
83​
BoliviaNN
84​
ZambiaYYMwepu
85​
GabonNN
86​
BahrainNN
87​
HaitiNN
88​
CuracaoYYAgustein
89​
LuxembourgNN
90​
ArmeniaNN
91​
Equatorial GuineaNN
92​
UgandaNN
93​
BeninNN
94​
SyriaNN
95​
VietnamNN
96​
PalestineNN
97​
Kyrgyz RepublicNN
98​
BelarusYYGotsmanov
99​
IndiaNN
100​
LebanonYNKhadra

Last edited:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Ayari also has Tunisian nationality as well as Swedish, but I don't know whether this shouldn't count as he has played for Sweden. (But only in friendlies, so could still change allegiance).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
By the way, dropping down to FIFA's current 172nd ranked team, sadly we never did have a Maltese international. Although Gary Chivers spoke to their FA as his dad was Maltese, they ruled him out because he'd never been there, couldn't speak the language and wasn't married to a native. If anyone feels cheated having paid good money for a t-shirt, I'd suggest you message @Lenny Rider . You might want to ask him whether Johnny Crumplin really was a football genius too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ayari also has Tunisian nationality as well as Swedish, but I don't know whether this shouldn't count as he has played for Sweden. (But only in friendlies, so could still change allegiance).
But Gyokeres puts the tick in the Swedish box regardless, doesn't he?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But Gyokeres puts the tick in the Swedish box regardless, doesn't he?
He does. As does Rami Shaaban. We don't have a Tunisian. I didn't know whether we should claim Ayari as Tunisian if he represents Sweden. I'm open to opinions.

Nov 22, 2017
BN1
By the way, dropping down to FIFA's current 172nd ranked team, sadly we never did have a Maltese international. Although Gary Chivers spoke to their FA as his dad was Maltese, they ruled him out because he'd never been there, couldn't speak the language and wasn't married to a native. If anyone feels cheated having paid good money for a t-shirt, I'd suggest you message @Lenny Rider . You might want to ask him whether Johnny Crumplin really was a football genius too.
And Clive Walker was Englands fastest winger!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I don't recal singing "we've got a Belarusian international"
You would have been Nostradamus. Sergey was a former USSR international when he was with us. The Belarusian national team didn't exist then. When it began in 1992, he was 33, but was picked for the first few games and actually scored their first ever competitive goal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
By the way @Stato

This is a pet subject of mine.

Post #77 on this thread would have saved you a bit of time, and will fill in a number of your gaps...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely astonishing that we haven’t had anyone from Equatorial Guinee play for us yet.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
By the way @Stato

This is a pet subject of mine.

Post #77 on this thread would have saved you a bit of time, and will fill in a number of your gaps...

I'm sorry I missed that. Some fine work there. John Robinson - Welsh international who wasn't Welsh and had never been to Wales until they selected him. Zimbabwean, although that country didn't exist when he was born. Interesting journey for a Tideway lad.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Absolutely astonishing that we haven’t had anyone from Equatorial Guinee play for us yet.
Former West Ham midfielder Pedro Obiang plays for them. He also played for RDZ at Sassuolo. However he's 31 and he doesn't play left back.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He does. As does Rami Shaaban. We don't have a Tunisian. I didn't know whether we should claim Ayari as Tunisian if he represents Sweden. I'm open to opinions.

Why are you even discussing Ayari as a possible Tunisian entry when we have a Tunisian U-20 international currently on the books (and who played in the FIFA U-20 World Cup just two months ago)?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Why are you even discussing Ayari as a possible Tunisian entry when we have a Tunisian U-20 international currently on the books (and who played in the FIFA U-20 World Cup just two months ago)?
Because Sami hasn't made his first team debut yet. I'm spoddy, but I'm not spoddy enough to research every player who has ever been in our reserves which, if I counted current U21s who haven't played, I would have to for consistency.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Because Sami hasn't made his first team debut yet. I'm spoddy, but I'm not spoddy enough to research every player who has ever been in our reserves which, if I counted current U21s who haven't played, I would have to for consistency.
Well, you didn't state what your criteria were for inclusion on the list, so I was simply going off other players that you DID include.
Now that you have clarified the requirements for qualification, perhaps you could remind me when Tom McGill made a competitive first team appearance? Or Leo Ostigard, for that matter. Or, indeed, Bojan Radulovic. Or Abdallah Sima. Or Jan Mlakar.
I'm also curious how many Albion first team appearances you think Joao Pedro, Mahmoud Dahoud and Simon Adingra have so far made in their Albion careers?
I honestly don't think you've applied ANY consistency whatsoever. :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Well, you didn't state what your criteria were for inclusion on the list, so I was simply going off other players that you DID include.
Now that you have clarified the requirements for qualification, perhaps you could remind me when Tom McGill made a competitive first team appearance? Or Leo Ostigard, for that matter. Or, indeed, Bojan Radulovic. Or Abdallah Sima. Or Jan Mlakar.
I'm also curious how many Albion first team appearances you think Joao Pedro, Mahmoud Dahoud and Simon Adingra have so far made in their Albion careers?
I honestly don't think you've applied ANY consistency whatsoever. :shrug:
I didn't state the criteria, but I did provide a link to the source. My apologies for incorrectly interpreting their inclusion criteria, but my general point stands: - they haven't included all youth team players that may have never signed a senior contract and I'm not going to take on that massive exercise. If you're willing to then fill your boots and feel free to amend as you wish. I'm not going to dictate rules, but will read whatever you provide wifh interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here