Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Victory Parade Sun 18th July

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
chips and gravy said:
It's a pity that the Council weren't so quick to celebrate the County Championship that Sussex won last year. That was a huge achievement and I think it's scandalous that the cricketers didn't get to enjoy parading their trohy

Hear Hear. Don't forget the Brighton Bears also won the championship. I know it's a small minority sport but every occasion should be used to promote sport in Brighton and Sussex.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Let's invite Crawley as well :jester:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
I was toying with the idea of coming down for this. However the handbrake cable on my car has just snapped and I can't get it fixed til the 21st, so it is looking unlikely.

It's July not June

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
When it was announced we were having a parade, people were whinging because

1) we only finished 2nd
2) it's early on a midweek evening
3) most people will still be working so no-one will go and it'll be an embarassing flop

Well this is what they got ...

http://www.qpr.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~526547,00.html

Forget about the fact that it's however many weeks after the play-off final. You won the Play-Off final, you are now once again a First Division club, you've got something to celebrate...bring the middle of Brighton to a standstill, turn the place blue and white and have a f***-off big party.

D

Deleted User X18H

SussexHoop said:

1) we only finished 2nd
3) most people will still be working so no-one will go and it'll be an embarassing flop

Forget about the fact that it's however many weeks after the play-off final. You won the Play-Off final, you are now once again a First Division club, you've got something to celebrate...bring the middle of Brighton to a standstill, turn the place blue and white and have a f***-off big party.
Thanks

D

Deleted User X18H

SussexHoop said:

1) we only finished 2nd

Thanks

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Don't get me wrong I like Torquay.... alot....but if they can have a parade for comig 3rd in Div 3 (on a week night) and have thousands turn out we can have one on a Sunday in the middle of f###ing July!:drink:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh BUGGER! first off I tell my mates its on the 19th....then they questioned me yesterday saying its a monday "must be the 17th then" I said...all this after telling them it stops at Hove Town Hall for the end of parade....which it does'nt at all and now I find out its on the bloody sunday!
they are really gonna hate me now :shootself :lolol:

Koaste

Jun 18, 2004
BN3
I'll be at the parade with my playoff flag and inflatable seagull! :clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
SussexHoop said:

1) we only finished 2nd

Well said Sussex Hoop, we've got a hell of a lot to celebrate, and maybe even more if JP pulls his finger out.

I'll be there, so will SW, and we'll have a great time. (I drove last time so SW got lashed up, my turn this time!:drink: )

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Koaste said:
I'll be at the parade with my playoff flag and inflatable seagull! :clap2:

ill be there, any excuse to drink all day!! also an excuse to bring my inflatable banana out!!:clap2: :clap2:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think we should all make the effort,it's good P.R.:)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i won't be there

i'll be in Weymouth :(

spidey

Jun 17, 2004
B Hill
Ernest said:
I'm not going as who wants to see that idiot Dick Tight making a twat of himself again :angry: :angry: :angry:

Showing appreciation to the players maybe - mind you, if you don't care because of your loathing of DK then fine. You won't be missed. :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here