[Albion] Albion v Liverpool (EPL - Sat 14 Jan 3pm)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I reckon he will start despite what Klopp says
Im not so sure. Nunez hasnt trained this week, wasnt featured in any of their training videos/pictures, and so even if it was some kind of mind games it would be very risky for Klopp to throw a player into a game that had a small injury and has not trained all week. Could see him on the bench, but I think the injury situation is genuine.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Im not so sure. Nunez hasnt trained this week, wasnt featured in any of their training videos/pictures, and so even if it was some kind of mind games it would be very risky for Klopp to throw a player into a game that had a small injury and has not trained all week. Could see him on the bench, but I think the injury situation is genuine.
He's not exactly one to be feared either !!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not wishing to tempt things, should he play, wouldn't Liverpool be more dangerous if Nunez doesn't play? Y'know, since he might be replaced with someone who can score.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Just stuck a nice couple of tickets (there is one seat in between them) on ticket exchange, half-way line, second row, West Upper if anyone still looking for tickets.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Trossard out of the squad for club disciplinary reasons but given De Zerbi's stance, you know whoever takes his place will give 100%. These youngsters that we are breeding seem to fit effortlessly in the first team. Exciting times and l can't wait til kick off!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Trossard out of the squad for club disciplinary reasons but given De Zerbi's stance, you know whoever takes his place will give 100%. These youngsters that we are breeding seem to fit effortlessly in the first team. Exciting times and l can't wait til kick off!

What is 'his place' at the moment though?

Mitoma has stole the left sided attacking role from him.
A fit Welbeck and Ferguson are ahead of him at the moment for the number 9 role.

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
1673643167039.png

Wonder if we've ever gone into a game as the favourites in the eyes of Liverpool fans!

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
View attachment 155742
Wonder if we've ever gone into a game as the favourites in the eyes of Liverpool fans!
This is a really remarkable time. As a long time Brighton supporter going back to the mid 70's, all I can say is a huge thankyou to those of you who kept the club going during those awful years. When I left for Australia we were doing ok in the second division. Less than 10 years later it looked like we were cooked. So thank you to all of you who kept it going, kept going to so called home matches in Gillingham and fought so hard eventually getting us into the dizzying position that pundits are backing us to beat Liverpool at our shiny new stadium.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
This is a really remarkable time. As a long time Brighton supporter going back to the mid 70's, all I can say is a huge thankyou to those of you who kept the club going during those awful years. When I left for Australia we were doing ok in the second division. Less than 10 years later it looked like we were cooked. So thank you to all of you who kept it going, kept going to so called home matches in Gillingham and fought so hard eventually getting us into the dizzying position that pundits are backing us to beat Liverpool at our shiny new stadium.
Heady days indeed, and long may it continue.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
JCL

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nunez out?! I missed that. Massive, massive news. He's pace and work ethic would be a real test. Now to keep TAA and Salah quiet. We can do this.

axscott

Jan 10, 2022
Nunez is indeed out, he has not travelled down to Brighton according to a reliable leaker. Despite his shocking conversion rate, his pace against our style was something I was dreading. Likely to be Ox instead, hopefully that's something else that works in our favour!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You know this is the PL game right? Why would they play a weaker side against us in the PL if they want to finish top 4?
Yes, posted on the wrong thread lol - easily done - meant to post on the other Liverpool (or Wolves) cup thread and muddled up dates!

Have edited out my post - thanks for the heads up 👍

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
If Nunez is out, that is a massive bonus. Comfortably their most dangerous player.

Along with Diaz, Firminho, Jota and VVD, it really isn’t the worst time to play them.
I realize he hasn't been the same since being brutally murdered by Sergio Ramos, but surely that would be Salah?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I really rate Nunez, think it’s just a matter of time before he starts banging them in.

Delighted it appears he is out!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Poor Liverpool.

I hope they have a stonking win on or about 25 February (or if rearranged) mind.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I realize he hasn't been the same since being brutally murdered by Sergio Ramos, but surely that would be Salah?
No. Salah is a good finisher obviously and will always score goals and probably will today but Nunez has contributed more to their attack overall this season, he’s really dangerous. Salah has not hit the heights of before since signing his new contract.

This looks like a really entertaining, open game on paper. If I was a gambling man, I’d be all over 4 or more goals in the match today. I just can’t say which way they’re going to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports