Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion v Liverpool (EPL - Sat 14 Jan 3pm)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
(Yes I know these things in football invariably go wrong and sorry for tempting fate) but shirley it'll be an Albion win and a comfortable one?

Liverpool will be missing VVD and the centre-midfield has had it. Whilst this must be the greatest Albion team ever, playing brilliantly. Imho the Villa loss was a lone outlier, not playing Veltman was a killer. Arsenal lucked out because we lacked our possibly three best players. We made Everton at home look like a laughing stock, probably because they are :lolol:.

Betfair are offering almost 3/1 on Albion win!

Caicedo's correct, Europa League is attainable.
I would prefer an FA cup win over qualifying for Europa league.
It seems to drain smaller clubs and can really damage their PL status.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Just watched our 1981 home match v Liverpool ( commentator was the useless Stains supporting twat Bobin). Result was 2-2. I’d probably settle for the same result this coming Saturday, but (and I never thought I’d be able to say this) I think we’re a better team than them and will be disappointed not to win.

I’d forgotten that in the 1981 fixture Gordon Smith slotted our 2nd goal through the legs of Ray Clemence. He was a class player and it’s a shame he’s generally only remembered for his cup final miss.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Just watched our 1981 home match v Liverpool ( commentator was the useless Stains supporting twat Bobin). Result was 2-2. I’d probably settle for the same result this coming Saturday, but (and I never thought I’d be able to say this) I think we’re a better team than them and will be disappointed not to win.

I’d forgotten that in the 1981 fixture Gordon Smith slotted our 2nd goal through the legs of Ray Clemence. He was a class player and it’s a shame he’s generally only remembered for his cup final miss.
He is still remembered for his goal though. I can still picture the Wembley scoreboard at half-time, and recall the unbridled joy when he put his header away. Indeed, every time I have to put my PIN in for my cards, I recall his goal....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Let's stop with this inferiority complex and look at the table for a minute: this is a top-six 6 pointer, we're at home and they have an important defensive player missing.

We can beat these Scouse ****s with their fans all over social media that think that they can just swan in and take Caicedo off of us for a pittance because big club. Don't even mention the Brighton Kop ****s to me. Wankers of the highest order who've been to Anfield fewer times than the average Brighton season ticket holder.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Not confident on the Liverpool forum talking how difficult we are to play against and if McCallister and Caicedo play they will annihilate the Liverpool midfield.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s the actual day that my prescriptions become free of charge. What a birthday present that would have been.

Thanks for ruining my day, OP.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Worries me we're actually favourites for this one. Come on lets make the Mac's homecoming a special day.

Stat - We haven't beaten Liverpool at home in League since 1961 (old Div 2), never done it in the top flight.

Last win at home 39 years ago in the FA Cup, live on ITV if I recall correctly !

Last edited:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Not confident on the Liverpool forum talking how difficult we are to play against and if McCallister and Caicedo play they will annihilate the Liverpool midfield.
I’ve just been on there as well. Not confident at all. The first post on the pre match thread is a very good read. Just goes to show how far we have come when Liverpool fans are not confident of a win.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just got an email from my Scouse mate arranging where to meet on Saturday. He tells me that he's "travelling more in hope than expectation". How has it come to this?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just got an email from my Scouse mate arranging where to meet on Saturday. He tells me that he's "travelling more in hope than expectation". How has it come to this?
1. We’ve improved hugely in every department, a fantastic first eleven and good subs. Caicedo and Mac Allister are brilliant CM’ers who’d fit into any team.

2. Fenway Sports Group have tunnel vision for never, ever putting in a $ of their money for player investment. (Unlike Chelsea, Fulham, Arsenal, ManC, Newcastle, Forest, Leicester, Everton, Villa and even us …..). Negligently allowing the centre midfield to age, tire and become shit. Everyone is literally playing through them, the defence have no cover. The balancing the books ethos had a good run for its money, but FFP is effectively dead and buried, as ever more wealthy billionaire owners up the ante.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here