Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21s at Steyning Town Tonight (15th)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lewis Dunk in the crowd here which has got the many kids in attendance excited.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
That was the only appearance so far this season for goalkeeper Hugo Fisher - he subsequently joined National League South Weymouth on an emergency loan and made three starts.

Charlie Tasker has only made one other appearance (in the U-21 PL Cup), Kain Ryan's only other appearance this season was a pretty disastrous 45 minutes for the Stoke City U-21s in a 10-1 defeat at Manchester United in August and Joe Knight has just a couple of other appearances for the side. But yes, it was a bit of a stronger line-up than I expected.
Hugo Fisher played exceptionally well for Weymouth. They were very sorry to see him leave. He’s been replaced by a Chelsea youngster. What a downgrade!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hinchy was 6 on the team sheet

That may have been the case but it definitely wasn’t Hinchy. Hinchy is white and the lad that was sent off was of Afro-Caribbean descent

Clearly the Steyning Town team board had the Albion names listed in a different order to the shirts actually being worn. As soon as @BNthree said it was a "tall black lad" I knew it was Kain Ryan, as confirmed now by the report on the Albion website.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Ok, so this was only 1 match but....on this evidence none of these Albion U21s are anywhere near ready for lower league football, let alone the Albion matchday squad.

Steyning were magnificent. Baker-Boatey had one gilt-edged chance, rounding the keeper before shooting into the side netting.

Albion only started playing once they went down to 10 men. I think it was Ryan who got sent off, Kavanagh made mistakes in firat half. Steyning hit the bar, they could have been two up at half time but went in 0-0.

I realise that the likes of O'Mahony are on international duty, but given the likes of Slater, Kavanagh, Hinchy, Barrington, Baker Boatey, Ifill, Chouchane were involved this is a bad night for the U21s.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What a night for Steyning Town. First of all thanks to the Albion for switching to the away ground having been drawn at home. This makes a massive difference for clubs like us and Shoreham (from a previous round).

A fully deserved win. We both played a passing game. But we scored two great goals and created a number of other chances. The Albion were wasteful towards the end but I’m sure won’t begrudge us our night.

A word on Lewis Dunk. First of all he came along. Secondly he was added to the guest list for free entry but insisted on pitching a ticket to put money into the club. And that is our captain.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What a night for Steyning Town. First of all thanks to the Albion for switching to the away ground having been drawn at home. This makes a massive difference for clubs like us and Shoreham (from a previous round).

A fully deserved win. We both played a passing game. But we scored two great goals and created a number of other chances. The Albion were wasteful towards the end but I’m sure won’t begrudge us our night.

A word on Lewis Dunk. First of all he came along. Secondly he was added to the guest list for free entry but insisted on pitching a ticket to put money into the club. And that is our captain.
Fair play to him - but TBH, he can afford it! :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
De Zerbi is on borrowed time now surely? Slumping towards the relegation zone and now knocked out of the FA Cup by Steyning! Dark days for the Albion, possibly the worse period in our history. The only sliver of good news I suppose is at least there's a Sussex club in the next round.

(No, well done Steyning. I think Lancing are out so I hope you win it).

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
De Zerbi is on borrowed time now surely? Slumping towards the relegation zone and now knocked out of the FA Cup by Steyning! Dark days for the Albion, possibly the worse period in our history. The only sliver of good news I suppose is at least there's a Sussex club in the next round.

(No, well done Steyning. I think Lancing are out so I hope you win it).
Only Sussex clubs in the next round🤣

Jul 7, 2003
That was great wasn’t it. The power of the Premier League. And that’s why it was so great Lewis came along. There’ll be lots of talk in the playgrounds this morning about seeing Lewis.
But did he jump any fences so we can speculate on his fitness?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Thought Steyning were fantastic rather than Brighton were poor, really used the artificial pitch to their advantage, zipping it about and some very nice goals. Steyning didn't sit back either and threatened throughout, probably got a bit lucky in the sense if Brighton could finish they'd have definitely got an equaliser, but don't let that take anything away from Steyning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here