Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U21 v Spuds U21 Fri Sept 30

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For anyone who used to go to the Football Combination midweek at the Goldstone, it's a completely different world. Thoroughly enjoyed some seriously good kids tonight :thumbsup:

It is so important to us as a club.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Turns looks the real deal
Also Impressed with Spong and Hinchelwood a good win in terrible conditions

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Three-quarters watched this (I missed the red, or at least the awarding of it). Offiah and Spong the stand-out players for me.
We were very good.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A Spurs OG (from a Miller centre) and a close range finish from Turns, complete an emphatic 4-0 win :clap2:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I take it back, the weather is livening up. Back in the day at Waterhall, this is when you would play a high offside line into the wind and hope your goalkeeper could reach the halfway line :wink:

I once remember a goalkeeper taking a goal kick that went back over his own bar for a corner :lolol:

I used to play at Stanley Deason Leisure Centre. We kicked off at 9.00 pm. We used to play until we were kicked off by the person locking the gates, so quite often around 11.00pm. In the middle of January, with a force 8 coming off the sea, and freezing rain, your hands were so cold, you couldn't squeeze the button on your key fob to get in to your car. Then you couldn't grip the key to turn on the ingnition. Then, after overcoming this, you couldn't turn your front door key to get in to the house! I'm quite glad I packed that up!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Have to agree, love the attitude with 10 secs to go and 4-0 up racing back to get in a great block.
Turns and Tsoungui are a brilliant CB pairing (always a two; Offiah was always a RB, not a RCB. Tsoungui had a bad injury last season, set him back a lot and Turns has moved ahead. If/when Tsouhgui gets fully back uo to speed they will be a formidable pairing.

I wonder if any team has ever loaned out a CB partnership to League 1 or 2 as a job lot? Could it happen next season?

Last edited:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I used to play at Stanley Deason Leisure Centre. We kicked off at 9.00 pm. We used to play until we were kicked off by the person locking the gates, so quite often around 11.00pm. In the middle of January, with a force 8 coming off the sea, and freezing rain, your hands were so cold, you couldn't squeeze the button on your key fob to get in to your car. Then you couldn't grip the key to turn on the ingnition. Then, after overcoming this, you couldn't turn your front door key to get in to the house! I'm quite glad I packed that up!!

Aye, you were lucky. We used to play in Stoneham park. Freezing rain, blowing a force nine hooley, with concrete and white dog shit. Cycling home with gravel on your seat and then having to find the string in the letterbox.
Kids nowadays don't know they're born

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here