Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Trio in PFA Team

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Well done Calde, Greer and Bennett but like Gus says it was about the whole team including Gus himself, Charlie and Tanno. :clap:

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Harding ahead of Painter? A late April Fool, surely?

Well done to our three who were chosen. :clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
How did Wright-Philips get in ahead of Murray? Well done to our three.
I'm always dubious of these things but that one seems an especially strange choice.

Harding over Painter as well, and from what I've seen, as promising as Oxo-Cube might be he's not done enough to be one of the players of the season. But hey, I've only seen bits and bobs, maybe one of our many Southampton fans can shed some light?

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
no surprise from me; As I have been saying much of the season in my programme column, we have been criminally ignored when it comes to handling out the plaudits. For example, the Press Association produce a League One "team of the week"; week in week out. If you sum up all the nominations across all teams, then according to the Press Association, Brighton have got the 17th best set of players in League One. Blimey we've had some luck then, to win the league by 16 points!

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Congratulations Calde, Greer and Bennett. Well deserved. Can't believe some of the others but it's chosen by the players so can't really argue. I wonder when they had to submit their choices though?

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Davis (Southampton),

Calderon (Albion) Greer (Albion) Fonte (Southampton) Harding (Southampton)

Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton) Lallana (Southampton) Bennett (Albion) Pilkington (Huddersfield)

Mackail-Smith (Peterborough) Wright-Phillips (Charlton)

Can't argue with most of that but BWP over sexy Glenn is a f***ing joke. Murray has scored more and contributes far more to all round play. Also think maybe Cox deserves to be in ahead of Oxo for his assists and vital goals at Orients, Oxo is promising yes but hasn't contributed anything outstanding.

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'm sorry but we WALK the league and get 3 players in the team. Saints are 16 (sixteen) points behind us and get FIVE players in the team?!

UTTER f***ing joke, You know what PFA, you can do one. We should have SIX in there. Bennett, Bridders, Painter, Greer, Calde and Murray shoud all be in there.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ankergren was never going to win a spot, considering he manages to piss off all and sundry with his 'tactics'.

Hard to imagine that Harding has been better than Painter, considering Painter has been absolutely flawless.

Come the end of the season, Oxlaide-Chamberlain will have only made 22 starts and 4 sub appearances. How does the voting work?

Last edited:

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
no surprise from me; As I have been saying much of the season in my programme column, we have been criminally ignored when it comes to handling out the plaudits. For example, the Press Association produce a League One "team of the week"; week in week out. If you sum up all the nominations across all teams, then according to the Press Association, Brighton have got the 17th best set of players in League One. Blimey we've had some luck then, to win the league by 16 points!

The 'team of the week' in the football League paper also seems to underplay us too. Only Bennet in this week, but 2 from both Carlisle AND Tranmere. I bet Adkins still wins Manager of the year for Div 1. Bah!!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
My team would have been:

Ankergren

Calderon Greer Fonte Harding (he is actually quite good :shrug:)

Cox Lallana Bennett Pilkington

CMS Murray

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Cue the binfest as Saints have five players in the team to our three!
Well, I think Davis is probably the best keeper in the league. But has he been the best this season?
Like with Ankergren, you would assume he has not often been called upon to have outstanding[ games because he's playing behind a good team.
Lallana is a class act, their best player, should definitely be in. Oxo, good prospect but has he done enough for player of the season?
Harding over Painter, how could he be?

The main problems with it are Wright-Phillips over Murray, which is ludicrous, and the midfield made up of four wingers/attacking players. I suppose that's the nature of the beast but it's not really representing the best in each position. It's hard to say for sure because you're always biased towards your own team just having seen them many times more, but since we've won the league so easily you'd think we'd deserve to have more than any other team in there.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The 'team of the week' in the football League paper also seems to underplay us too. Only Bennet in this week, but 2 from both Carlisle AND Tranmere. I bet Adkins still wins Manager of the year for Div 1. Bah!!
Poyet will win and they'll probably claim he has done miracles with not the best group of players. Which would be nonsense.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
To be honest you could argue with every position we didn't get except the likes of CMS Lallana and Pilkington but 5 Saints players to our 3 is a joke.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
My team would have been:

Ankergren

Calderon Greer Fonte Harding (he is actually quite good :shrug:)

Cox Lallana Bennett Pilkington

CMS Murray

You'd choose Harding over Painter? Please, please go and get chemically castrated because you are a f***ing idiot and do not deserve to pass on your genes.

Painter is twice the player Harding ever has, is or will be.

I'm judging the two of them on footballing ability, so don't try and give me any shit about being biased

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here