Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion track Hammers keeper

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Well, thats not actually true. He did sign on loan at bournemouth to play while their 2 keepers were injured. He dislocated his shoulder in his 2nd game for them.

Yeah I've just read that he spent 6 months recovering from a dislocated shoulder he received in the 13th minute of his 2nd game. So he's had 103 minutes of football since he was recalled to West Ham from Ipswich at the close of the 2012-2013 season.

Seems more than a tad dodgy to me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's a young man so will develop, but this is an absolute key position and arguably it is not an area where we should be gambling on a relatively untried player.

If Keeley rates him then that is positive, but these days aren't keepers more 6'5", he is 'only' 6'2". Time will tell but this is one position we need to get right. Personally I would prefer a more experienced pro that Walton can learn from.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Because he was a decent keeper almost certainly on a top-notch keeper's wage.

We still have a decent keeper and a promising youngster

I'm happy with Casper and Walton as back up keepers but we still need a decent no.1 to even think about challenging for the play offs again.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm happy with Casper and Walton as back up keepers but we still need a decent no.1 to even think about challenging for the play offs again.

I would love us to sign a better keeper but we made the play-offs last year and I don't think TK performances last season were better than Brez and Casp has been in the year's before.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Maybe it makes more sense to have all 3 keepers competing for the first team,rather than just the 1 plus back up.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
He's never played a league game for The Hammers. Last season he played a grand total of TWO games on loan for Bournemouth as their THIRD CHOICE keeper.

We can do better than this.

Exactly. I am in the trust the club camp, but a player that can't hold down a number one spot for many different clubs, does seem to point to us going cheap. Goalkeeper is one of the most important parts of the team and if the club see this as better than what we had then they really have lost the plot. If we have no money and going for cheaper options then I would rather they play Walton and let him gain his experience in match games. As an under 19 keeper he can't be any worse than a player who has hardly played top level football in the last few years. If this is the type of player we are looking at in important positions don't expect any exciting signings anytime soon. I hope I am wrong. Having said that I still think the players we have will at least be competative in the championship, but play offs may be a little out of reach.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I would love us to sign a better keeper but we made the play-offs last year and I don't think TK performances last season were better than Brez and Casp has been in the year's before.

I'd say there was quite a big difference myself hence the need to sign TK in the first place.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
He's a young man so will develop, but this is an absolute key position and arguably it is not an area where we should be gambling on a relatively untried player.

If Keeley rates him then that is positive, but these days aren't keepers more 6'5", he is 'only' 6'2". Time will tell but this is one position we need to get right. Personally I would prefer a more experienced pro that Walton can learn from.

He has played more professional games at 26 than Tommy K had played at 30 when he signed for us. The majority of the games he has played have been at Championship level as well.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Begs the question of why we let a decent keeper go just to end up scratching around trying to find a replacement?
There may not have been much the club could do, if TK actually wanted to leave then he's presumably in a sound enough financial situation to go without s club for a bit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kuszczak hasnt signed for anybody yet could we still get him back or is it a definite no go.

We might find ourselves in competition with Blackpool for his signature :lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As long as he took no coaching tips from Uncle Wayne I wouldn't be against it... If he has, another season of watching a 'keeper gently palm the ball to the on-rushing striker's feet may just send me insane.

To be honest though, I wouldn't say this was "exciting" as such but that's because I don't know much about him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There was a sentence towards the bottom of this mornings article in the Argus, which seems to have gone unnoticed, where it stated, and l quote, that the Albion are also keen to take Stoke City's Jack Butland on loan.

Well, l know who l would rather have, and it isn't Stephen Henderson.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
He's surely worth more than the £500 a week + a bag of pork scratchings that we've offered?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here