Albion Shares for Sale. £1 each.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I wouldn't fancy it to be honest. If Tony needs to put more money into the club is it faesable that he'll create more shares, therefore diluting everybody else's again?

I can see people buying £500 worth of shares that are basically worthless, just because it's the Albuion. He'll never sell £1million's worth.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm not sure of the obligation of Limiteds to communicate/report to all shareholders, but DK could be delivering the ultimate "**** you" to the club here, by passing on the administrative burden to communicate regularly to (tens of) thousands of shareholders for ever more.

Who wouldn't want to own a small slice of the Albion?
I wouldn't if it screws them over financially.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Dick Knight believes no one person should own the majority of shares, why did he let that happen? Or did it happen after.

And no I wouldn't, as it would be pointless.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It all sounds lovely doesn't it, but at the root of this declaration is a desire to f**k up the running of the club, at least at a board level. As has been mentioned, were thousands of fans to purchase shares that would massively increase the beaurocracy and cost in making decisions and issuing information to shareholders. I think were this to happen there would need to be a conglomeration of the fans, with a single person representing them where necessary.

I vote for Bozza.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
For newcomers the ARS is the Anal Retentive Society.

I've been here for a couple of years and I've only just found out what it stands for :lolol:

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Dick Knight believes no one person should own the majority of shares, why did he let that happen? Or did it happen after.

And no I wouldn't, as it would be pointless.

He had to let it happen. He'd run out of money and Tony Bloom had been bailing the club out for years. In order for Tony to invest to the levels he has done, he had to take a majority control, which of course will be further bolstered by the conversion of the loans for the stadium etc converting to shares over the years.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Great little marketing ploy for the book

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Great idea, and I'd be interested. Of course the shares are in investment terms pretty worthless, but that isn't the point of owning them, is it?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sorry, I may have missed some fundamental point to all this, but it seems to me this is either a rather pointless marketing stunt, or mischief making. Or both.

I have always held DK in the greatest esteem but I'm not sure he's acting in the most dignified of manners at the moment.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I've been here for a couple of years and I've only just found out what it stands for :lolol:

Glad I'm not the only one that has been around for a while and had no idea!

With regards the shares, I will definitely be getting some if I can. I guess the synopsis of your Albion supporting life he asks for will decide if he thinks you are worthy or not which is a pretty good way of doing it, although it would be easy to lie!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nice christmas gift , there you are dear you are now the part owner of a football club , dont say i did'nt get you anything .

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry, I may have missed some fundamental point to all this, but it seems to me this is either a rather pointless marketing stunt, or mischief making. Or both.

I have always held DK in the greatest esteem but I'm not sure he's acting in the most dignified of manners at the moment.

It's clearly both.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Oh DK why couldn't you have just walked away from the club gracefully? You would have been life president, the fans would have loved you.

You lost the willy wanging contest, get over it. Stunts like this just make you look bitter and cheap.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If he really wants fans on the board couldn't he sell/donate them to some kind of supporters trust that was able to appoint its own representative for this purpose?

May 21, 2004
Preston Park
Most private limited companies have a pre-emption clause in their articles which means that all shares have to be offered to existing shareholders first, to give them the opportunity to buy them at market value. I haven't checked Brighton and Hove Albion FC Limited's articles, but I would be surprised if the current majority shareholder hadn't made sure that this standard clause was included. Also, shareholders are entitled to see the company's accounts, and have no liability whatsoever for the company's debts, other than losing what they paid for the shares (unless they have offered a personal guarantee).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Genius. Marketing for the book, good for fan participation and raises a bit of money for DK's dotage. The least we owe him.

In true 'we wunt be druv' tradition.

PG

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Oh DK why couldn't you have just walked away from the club gracefully? You would have been life president, the fans would have loved you.

You lost the willy wanging contest, get over it. Stunts like this just make you look bitter and cheap.

Why is the idea of fans holding shares in the club they support being seen as a stunt?

I would like to see TB offering some as well.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Owning shares does not give anyone a place on the board.

Lol.

Yeah imagine being on the board of every ftse company you bought shares of!

Don't see how this creates more admin work. Would just lead to a slightly higher accountants fee (assuming mazars do their annual returns). The accountants would fill in the annual returns etc which is simply an online submission.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports