Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think we need to accept that Ulloa is likely to leave if the price is right. Whether we can find a good enough striker to replace him is another question. Somehow I doubt it. If we are short-sighted enough to start the season with just CMS and Fenelon up front, we're going to struggle big-time. If Ulloa goes, we need at least two good strikers to replace him (and of course Barnes). Is anyone hopeful that we'll sign the necessary additions by the Sheff Weds game? I'm not.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I think we need to accept that Ulloa is likely to leave if the price is right. Whether we can find a good enough striker to replace him is another question. Somehow I doubt it. If we are short-sighted enough to start the season with just CMS and Fenelon up front, we're going to struggle big-time. If Ulloa goes, we need at least two good strikers to replace him (and of course Barnes). Is anyone hopeful that we'll sign the necessary additions by the Sheff Weds game? I'm not.

If we still hav'nt replaced Barnes after 6 months we've got no hope of replacing Ulloa by the time the season kicks off.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Fenelon could score 20 goals this season for all you know.

Spadge

Sep 21, 2011
Interesting that the paper states " He is settled in Brighton with his family and enjoys playing for the club but he wants Premier League football and fears the scale of investment in the squad is reducing his chances of getting there with Albion ".

Is that not what the majority have been saying on here for a while now?

If the club want to keep Ulloa then surely they would have made signings by now to reduce his fears.

Unfortunately I now also believe we do not have a pot to pi$$ in and this is going to be a season of survive/mediocrity.

Fantastic Stadium, Fantastic Acadamy...........................Pi$$ poor team that has been seriously under-invested in.

Lets hope the next 3-8 weeks prove me wrong.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bids won't be entertained or refused under 9 million so please don't waste yours or our time , 9 million and we can talk otherwise no communication will happen , thanks .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Interesting that the paper states " He is settled in Brighton with his family and enjoys playing for the club but he wants Premier League football and fears the scale of investment in the squad is reducing his chances of getting there with Albion ".

If the club want to keep Ulloa then surely they would have made signings by now to reduce his fears.

Unfortunately I now also believe we do not have a pot to pi$$ in and this is going to be a season of survive/mediocrity.

Fantastic Stadium, Fantastic Acadamy...........................Pi$$ poor team that has been seriously under-invested in.

Piss poor team ?

Yes squad needs few more but even as it stands we are miles from piss poor !

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Piss poor team ?

Yes squad needs few more but even as it stands we are miles from piss poor !

I agree we're not piss poor but we are well below last seasons standard, If we ever get around to signing a decent keeper and left back then it will look better but it still leaves us short of creativity and fire power and that's without losing any more players. It's frustrating that everything about the Albion looks 100% professional except for the player recruitment which operates at the speed of a sloth on a go slow.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Probably where the paper got the info from.

You believe this despite all evidence to the contrary.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Can you explain where the money is supposed to come from for this investments bearing in mind the constraints of FFP or are you choosing to ignore that? Assuming FFP sanctions are applied from January as is the intention, if we exceeded the allowed parameters, people like you wouldn't have to worry about transfer windows because, one the basis we might not have got promoted despite spunking millions on players, we would have a transfer embargo, not only for that January window but for every window after that until our accounts are back in order! It is unfair that some clubs have parachute payments but that is the hand we are currently being dealt.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Tony Bloom will not buy players to PLEASE anyone. Not bedwetting NSCers, not stroppy players and certainly not agents looking for more "ambition" from the club so they can engineer a big money move.

We buy when it's right for the club. Which is usually right at the end of the window when you get the most for your money. That's how it is. People need to accept that.

Tony Bloom will not buy players to PLEASE anyone. Not bedwetting NSCers, not stroppy players and certainly not agents looking for more "ambition" from the club so they can engineer a big money move.

We buy when it's right for the club. Which is usually right at the end of the window when you get the most for your money. That's how it is. People need to accept that.
Plus it helps to balance the books if you ever want to sell:wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just got a feeling we'll persuade him to stay another year. Hope so anyway.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think there is a game of brinkmanship going on between the Championship clubs and the players. Very few clubs have spent any real money bar the usual suspects, the ones with parachute payments and high value players sold and the few who don't care. Everyone else even if they have brought a few players in, it's been Bosmans or on free's.

Towards the start of the season, players wage demands will fall and you will see a flurry of signings, not just by us, but by most of the teams in this league...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Bids won't be entertained or refused under 9 million so please don't waste yours or our time , 9 million and we can talk otherwise no communication will happen , thanks .

If bids under 9m won't be entertained or refused, what will happen to them?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think there is a game of brinkmanship going on between the Championship clubs and the players. Very few clubs have spent any real money bar the usual suspects, the ones with parachute payments and high value players sold and the few who don't care. Everyone else even if they have brought a few players in, it's been Bosmans or on free's.

Towards the start of the season, players wage demands will fall and you will see a flurry of signings, not just by us, but by most of the teams in this league...

Agree with this, think the last week will be exceptionally busy with not a lot happening beforehand.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Which part of 'we wont take less than £10m' do Leicester not understand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here