Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion plot double swoop into transfer market

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Bennett and a prem loan striker is my guess

Can't see a loan striker coming in. Most premier league teams want their loanees playing regularly in the first team and write that into the contract. I can't see that happening here with hemed, baldock and Zamora still to come in. If we get another striker in, it'll be a transfer,

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can't see a loan striker coming in. Most premier league teams want their loanees playing regularly in the first team and write that into the contract. I can't see that happening here with hemed, baldock and Zamora still to come in. If we get another striker in, it'll be a transfer,

i agree... avoid loans where possible.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Vydra would be great, is he being linked with brighton?

Also Marshall or Bennett I would want,

Seen we've apparently held talks with palace over dwight Gauls, any truth in this? Would be a great addition to the squad.
Vydra is likely going somewhere. I wouldn't rule us out.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tex would certainly give us another way of playing whether from the start or as a sub and with our newfound injection of pace could be more effective than last year. ???
Noone would offer more end product than March currently. But either would essentially be a bench option in the main.
We need a goal scorer whichever part of the pitch they come from. Got a good feeling about Murphy in that respect but a natural goal poacher could be the last piece of the puzzle

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have said many times I would like to see EB brought in and also a goal poacher. I am not worried about his work rate just somebody who knows where the net is when the ball arrives at his feet in the box. Not sure that Tex is that man and I read Derby are after him but arent they after every midfielder bar Joey Barton. Was very impressed and hopeful for more from Murphy.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Would love:

Zardes
Marshall
Tex

But think will will end up with:

Bennett or Noone
CAM - PL loan
Make do with strikers we have.

Let's not forget there is still the situation with who may go out:

Holla
Colunga
Chicksen
Rea

If we can just get in 2-3 more quality players we will go just fine this season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With the hard ball now being played with inflated prices in the English market, I suspect more left field, but top value signings, from overseas.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Personally I'd love Tex back and I think it would be a real coup. Reading this article makes it seem rather unlikely though: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/0...g-midfielders-impress-in-liverpool-u21s-draw/

If Tex is in Liverpool's plans then we might try and get Sergi Canos on loan. Liverpool were obviously pleased with the way things worked out with Tex. Canos can play on the wing or as a striker and would be a good backup to our existing forwards. If as good as Tex then I see him as a good option.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here