Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion or England

Albion or England

• Prefer England to win The World Cup than Albion getting promoted next season to Div 2 (CCC)

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Prefer Albion to get promotion next season to Div 2 (CCC) than England winning The World Cup

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Only Prefer Albion to get promoted to Div 1 (Prem) (in say 5 yrs time) to England winning The World

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • Would prefer Albion to get relegated to the 4th Div (L2) next season if it hypothetically gauranteed

Votes: 9 11.8%

• Total voters

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
I want England to do well and bring back the World Cup if possible. It would be absolutely fantastic.
However, I've been trying to work out why as yet I can't get enthused about England and their prospects in anything like the way that all thing Albion seem to affect me.

The quantify this I want to know how other people think about this from the poll. All comments about how you feel generally about The World Cup in general and in comparison to the Albion welcome.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
England winning the World Cup is probably a once in a lifetime thing (OK, technically, I was alive in '66 but don't remember it), whereas I have seen many Albion promotions and relegations.

I'd happily set aside returning to the Championship for a year or two if I got to see England lift the World Cup in return.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Our whole future rests on finance and we will make more money further up the leagues, plus increase the values of players we may well have to sell to survive. England will win the world cup again, presumably when we have a manager who has the tactical nouse to take us all the way.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
sully said:
I'd happily set aside returning to the Championship for a year or two if I got to see England lift the World Cup in return.

Not sure I understand this myself, but a couple of years ago I would have vehemently disagreed with that statement. Nowadays however, I find myself agreeing with you.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Club over country every time... and especially in the Albion's hour of need (or is that 10 years of need!)...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Club before country for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
England winning the World Cup for me. Promotion would be great obviously, but we're clearly not equipped for the Championship yet. England being crowned World Champions is something I would dearly love to see in my lifetime, and I would not trade that for another season of depressing beatings culminating in us going straight back down again. Last season was one lovely result engulfed within 9 months of unaldulterated SHIT. Give me a summer of World Cup glory over that any day.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
World cup for me. If we go up again we will come down until somebody bankrolls the club. Cant take the misery of another 46 games with only a handfull of wins.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Did we do this exact same poll a week ago?

Every month, your turn is in October. :rolleyes:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I agree with the club before country thing, but as stated above - we will go up at some point so delaying it a year for the sake of wining the world cup would be fine with me as a 'lifetime experience'.

But I'd rather the albion were in the prem in 5 years, so C for me.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
England to win the world cup. Not really a fair comparison. Getting promotion from div 2 to div 1 is no great shakes.

If it was get promotion to the prem or World cup then Club everytime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here